NEW DIESEL PARKER?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt.Guy

Reaction score
Diesel Parker !? just got my new issue of SOUNDINGS magazine there is an article about the ft. lauderdale boat show. In this article it says in the YANMAR booth there was a new PARKER 2530 with a yanmar 6-cyl mated to the new yanmar sterndrive system. the article goes on to say the boat was built at the request of PARKER. There are no pictures in the magazine,but this could really be cool. 8) did anyone out there see this boat?

NOW ! there is a reason to go to the boat show !! :D
LOVE to see that :shock:

The article says the sterndrive is mounted to an armstrong bracket. I still cant get a picture in my mind of how that looks. all the other sterndrives i have ever seen, are mounted directly to the transom or should i say thru the transom. no matter what PARKER may soon be changing the game with installation of YANMAR DIESELS. Talk about dream come true. Wonder what that baby will cost :wink:

Check it out.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/news/dis ... nded-cabin

parker_inside.jpg

This is the drive, no idea how it mounts into the bracket though.

Yanmar%20ZT350%20Sanctuary%20Cove%20.jpg

Now that is interesting. It appears the entire engine is in the bracket.

Time to repower? Not sure about the mondo platform though.

BOT111Repower9.jpg

I bet it is real quiet at speed,I hope they bring this boat to Atlantic city in feb, for the boat show.Wonder how hard it would be to retro one of those "pods" onto an older boat? fuel tank etc..,how about twin yanmars... yea thats the ticket..alright too much coffee :shock:

Wow. That alleviates the complaints about having an engine box getting in the way. Sure looks ass
heavy though.

the other line wrote,wow. That alleviates the complaints about having an engine box getting in the way. Sure looks ass
heavy though.
yeah,but who among us doesnt like a little "junk in the trunk" :lol:

That is certainly a novel concept—turning a 25’ outboard boat into a basically 30’ inboard/outboard diesel boat. One problem I see right away is what if you have engine trouble in rough seas. No way can you open the engine compartment to check plugs, fuses, oil level, ect. without getting swamped.

Perhaps to solve this problem Armstrong can extend the sides of the bracket up to the gunnel height. And to alleviate the ass heavy problem they can build more floatation into the bracket. So what you end up is a bolt-on 6’ extension-diesel conversion upgrade.

You can't really pull the covers off an OB in rough seas either.
No plugs to check, basically only problem could be fuel related but I would rather go straight IB at that point.

I agree with the straight inboard statement,If it had a keel and a yanmar in-line six, i'd be refinancing the house as we speak!

maybe tuff to work a hot fish ? I would thin increase potential to get line cut or wrapped. Other than that would love to see more new breed diesels make it back into boats, not sure if this is the set up for me. One thing for sure, a Parkers transom and stringing could take that set up.

Put tuna rails around that platform for the ultimate fighting platform, although you may get a little wet.

230randyusingrail.jpg

THERE IS NO WAY TO TO LAND A TUNA IF YOU ARE ANCHORED. TO MUCH OUT THE BACK AND TO MUCH IN THE WATER,NOT TO MENTION THE SAFETY ISSUE OF GUYS FIGHTING OR GAFFING A FISH AND CLIMBING OUT ON THAT ENGINE BOX.GOOD IDEA OF A DIESEL ENGINE BUT A BAD DESIGN.

Back