New offshore 4-BLADE SS props for Suzuki motors

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dale,

I have almost the same configuration you do. How did you calculate the 2.5 mpg cruise consumption?

I have been running my boat quite a bit here in San Diego and here are my numbers.

3x16x18.5pitch 3 blade suzi stock prop

1st official run of the season since purchase:

14nm out @ 4400rpm 24-25knots
14nm in @ 4400rpm 24-25knots
10nm of tuna trolling @ 6kt
--------------------------------
34 gallons of fuel burned. This is with 125 gallon fuel tank full of fuel and 65 gallon bait tank full of water/bait. 60lb of ice. 40lb fish, 15 rods, tackle, etc. etc. = 1.11 mpg (whoa) :shock:

I was a bit shocked by the fuel burn at this point so I figure I should slow it down....

2nd official run of the season

25nm @ 3900rpm 17-18kts
25nm @ 3900rpm 17-18kts
no tuna trolling, shut down engine while drifting for hours

34 gallons of fuel burned. Fuel tank full at 125 gallons, 65 gallon bait tank full of water/bait. 3 guys and my 8yr old son. 100lb ice, 100lb fish 15 rods, tackle, etc. = 1.47 mpg (ok a bit better)

3rd & 4th official run of the season

14nm out @ 4000rpm 18kts
14nm in @ 4000rpm 18kts
drift fished, no fuel burn
14nm out @ 4000rpm 18kts
14nm out @ 4000rpm 18kts
5nm slow cruising looking for fish signs @ 7kts

44 gallons of fuel burned for 2 trips. Fuel tank full at beginning of 3rd trip and fueled up after 4th trip. 65 gallon bait tank full of water/bait. 3 guys and my son, 20 rods, tackle, etc = 1.38mpg

5th official run of the season

19nm out @ 4100 18.5kt
19nm in @ 4100 18.5kt
drift fished, no fuel burn

22 gallons of fuel burned. Fuel tank full, 65 gallon tank EMPTY (no bait). 2 guys fishing, 100lb ice, 300lbs of fish, 15 rods, tackle, etc. = 1.72mpg (boat runs a lot lighter with empty bait tank)

For what it's worth, I have not changed the prop since I purchased the boat and I have since added an 70lb aluminum frame tuna tower and a 65 gallon bait tank. So I know a prop change is in order. Just not sure if fuel burn will be any better or worse with the prop change.

Sea state for most every day was 2-3' swell, 1-2' wind chop, ~10kts of wind.

Flyliner, what Parker do you have ? I have the 2320 deep V. 250 suki with factory prop. I haven't run numbers yet.

DaleH said:
FYI:
PowerTech Propellers is now making 16" diameter 4-bladed props for Suzuki motors in the pitch sizes ideal for single motors on offshore boats. You can buy them direct from PowerTech (http://www.ptpropeller.com/), but I'd recommend you contact Ken @ http://www.propgods.com, as you can save a bit of $$ and he'll drop ship the prop right out to you. For < $500, these are premium props, as when I had another brnad motor, the PTech prop worked even better than the erc Rev$, which is a noteworthy prop to be sure!

Ken also has a database on his site for prop info and he'll recommend the right prop for you. For those on the coast in FL, he has a mobile prop service and will bring his props right to your boat.

DESCRIPTION:
LFS4 - 16.00” diameter, 4-blade design, this Suzuki Outboard Powertech Propeller is available in every inch of pitch from 17-23, right & left hand rotation with moderate rake, the LFS4 has a full tip cup for better lift and grip over the LFS3. 4-blade factory equivalent of the Suzuki 16” diameter prop with better cavitation resistance, shown in polished finish. Available with the Powertech Premium Cushion-Lok Hub design or Square Hub to receive the Vortex/Flo-Torq hub kits...

LFS41%20copy.jpg
[/ Hi Dale, I haven't heard from you hope all is well. you know i have a 2005 2320 deep V Parker. I repowered with Suzuki 250 4 stroke. Here are my pros and cons. Pro. 44 MPH at 5800 RPM. That's it. Lots of cons. Ass drags until I'm at plane 3300 RPM. My gas miles after my 2 nd full tank of gas and 40 hours on motor has been under 2 GPH the motor was mounted all the way down. My first motor 200 Yama HPDI I raised it 3 times to one below the lowest. The motor was almost all the way up. She ran so good the I took the 4 blade off and when with 3 blade SS series 11 Yamaha. Now with the new motor when I'm in plane and running 25 to 44 MPH the fins on the motor are at water level. Maybe the water is a inch higher. Coming into the inlet on a following sea the motor is almost under the water and I'm not getting the power to go pass the waves unless I start powering up sooner. Also at 3000 rpm the boat in back is kicking up lots of water like a jet boat. Do I first get a 4 blade or do I first raise the Motor ? Thank you Marty D

Back