How is factory seat pedestal anchored?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
I have to remove my seat pedestal at the end of the season (December 1st) and send it back to Seaspension in order for them to change the coil over spring to the lighter force "medium" spring. The standard spring handles a seat & weight capacity range of 175-275 pounds. I am 175 pounds and look forward to getting more shock-absorption (travel) out of the new spring. I've only noticed an inch of travel at most, out of the pedestal, even in heavy seas. i think there is the capacity to travel 3-3.5 inches maximum.

Peter at Seaspension was good enough to offer to change the spring, for the cost of just shipping. Why Parker doesn't ask up front, which weight-range a customer will need, is beyond me. So my question is, when I unbolt the deck-mount's bolt-circle, am I removing machine bolts from "tapped" holes"? I hate to think there are nuts & washers below deck that could drop off once the screws/bolts are removed. I envision a solid metal ring, or plate below deck, with holes tapped into it. Does anyone have pics of this? Also, is there any sealant like 4200 under the above-deck mount? Thanks.

i put a seaspension seat in my 98 2520 and found that the pedestal was anchored to the floor with #3 x2" phillips head screws. no bolts.

Back