New 2017 2820 Openback

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Well, LOL, you may remember my post back in July of the new 2016 2520 XL Open back I purchased. I liked the boat but was not satisfied with the actual -vs- advertised performance with the single 300. I've been working with my dealer (who has been great) on a replacement and was ready to pull the trigger on the exact same boat, 2520 XL with T-200. For kicks I asked them to price out the same exact boat but in a 2820 w/ T300. Long story short, based on the price difference I couldn't pass up the 2820 and ordered it today. Virtually same boat but 2820, Open back, free standing 2nd station, West Coast bow rails, Delta anchor, Garmin electronics package, etc.

The 2017s have the 2 tone upholstery and I did upgrade to the flip up bolster seats. The logo has changed again, my 2016 has a silver/black decal on either side at the stern, they are now 3-D and what appears to be chrome plastic, the judge is out on that change.

Hopefully will be here in time for the Spring striper season. More to come.

girlAc.jpg

Well done...lots of luck!!
Sydngoose....you started a 28 revolution! You should get a commission!

Congrats on the change. Twin 300's and the rest of the specs mentioned, what's not to like. Hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the big girl 8)

I bet you'll be over 60 MPH with that set up. Not that you'll see it often, or that it really matters. We've got a guy that saw 63MPH in good conditions with the same set up. He passes everybody going out and coming back. Those 300's Yamahas are good motors, and good power for the boat. Congrats! No twofootitis or wishihadmoroomph for you!

Not that I was really looking for a ton of speed, but I wasn't happy with my current boat's performance. A 2520 XL w/ T200 would have been fine for my personal needs (both size and performance) but the dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the 2820.

Congrats I had done the same,chased the 2520 for a couple of boats,no comparison I now have the 2012 2820 and was pleased at the speed,efficiency and power with 3 more feet and another motor criuses at 40mph and touches 50 when needed.Awsome boat hopefully u got the seaspension and I now am shopping for the 300s or trade in for new 2820 just haven't pulled the plug!!what kind of number did they throw on the new one?

Back