New 300 Suzuki

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be buying a new 300hp Suzuki with a C-10 multi function color display for my 2520. I hope this is an improvement over my 2006 Yamaha F250. I am removing the bottom paint getting it ready for installation. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_3366.JPG
    IMG_3366.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 808
Oh Boy...... Sanding it off? Ugh! What are you going to do with the sanded gellcoat now?

Chemical stripper... is the way to go. No matter how you do it, it is a Royal Pain. It's worth every bit of $4000 to chemical strip the bottom.

My son and I did it several years ago. It got a 100% of us.....We got 98% of the coating off before are Ass's were kicked.

100_4921_zps3343704b.jpg

100_4925_zps52ed4972.jpg

Just doing the transom. I trailer the boat and don't need to do the entire bottom just yet. I am removing most of the black and red with Easy Off oven cleaner and a scraper. The barrier coats I am sanding w/220 then 320. Once done sanding I will buff and wax. Anything you know of remove the barrier coat? Bought the white 300 today and will be waiting a few weeks for the install.

Go to the Auto Body supply store..... You want to get finer on the last sanding....This will make it easier to buff.

Suzuki 3 X 16 X 17 prop is what you want.

I asked about the prop today and that's the one he said they will try first. Hope to get the transom done this weekend.

I am not sure what was done here...black, red, light grey and dark grey paint? Barrier and then what ?

Dropped the boat off today for the repower...couple before pics with paint removed from the transom

Attachments

• Yamaha.JPG
    Yamaha.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 657
  • Yamaha 2.JPG
    Yamaha 2.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 657
Told today that there is a possibility to get the boat back tomorrow and of not should see it on Monday....cant wait to get it back.

Wow, that's a ton of work, let us know what happens next. .. I'm sure you wont be disappointed

Got the boat back today

Attachments

• IMG_3489.JPG
    IMG_3489.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 586
  • New Suzuki 2.JPG
    New Suzuki 2.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 585
  • New Suzuki 3.JPG
    New Suzuki 3.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 585
New 300 looks great. Congrats!! Did you trade your old F250 with the dealer? Curious about roughly what kind of $'s that you can get for old one if you traded? Post your numbers afte you get her in the water.

The dealer did not want it but will wholesale it to a local shop that will buy it. Getting hosed....figures around 4K.

You have used it well then. Very tempting to consider swapping mine out for yours but probably not worth all the time, effort and travel to make it happen. It would be an easy swap though as they are same year and everything would bolt right up. I would sell mine & could prob break even. Oh well. Guess I'll just do what your doing down the road when actually needed. Let us know how that nice new one runs for you.

Runs great but all the way from NC, not sure I would do that and besides in 6 months if something were to happen with it I would feel terrible. Also it is at the dealer waiting for the guy they deal with to pick it up.

Tabs back on, electronics back in and now a spring cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 510
Nice! Very anxious to see your performance numbers. I have the same year and model 99 2520 mv but I have a 2006 suzi 250. I run a 3x16x18.5 prop.

I run heavy 126gallon tank full all the time, 65 gallon split bait tank and 100-200lbs of ice, 20 rods, full offshore tackle, tuna tower and I'm getting 18-20 KNOTs at 4000, 21-24knots at 4300-4400rpm. Getting about 11.2-12.3 gallons per hour depending on head or following seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back