2510 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyNavRetired

Reaction score
Hello folks. Im fishing Lake Erie and need some recommendations. Last boat was a 21 foot trophy. Purchasing a Parker in Jan 18. I’m leaning toward a 2017 - 2510XLD (Demo boat with less than 30 hours) with the following:
Anchor windless, position indicators for trim tabs
Power assisted steering
Rocket launcher
Spreader lights
Seaspension suspensions seat w/footrest
Simrad auto pilot
Simrad 16 inch nav/gps electronics
**Rides like a Cadillac**

Or 2520 XLD no demo, no electronics or upgraded seats! Basically I’ll set up same way. My research it rides rougher bc of the pilot house. Also felt cramped and the step down into pilot house seemed liked it was only a matter of time before smacking my head. I’m 6 foot 2. Seeing a lot of pilot houses 16 deadrise on the water and haven’t seen one walk around.

Thinking I can get a better deal on the demo and it’s already set up as I want. However just not sure about which one.

Appreciate your feedback and what do you feel is a realistic price to offer dealer?

Thank you

Maybe a type of but the 2520 XLD is a 21 degree hull and I think the same exact hull as the 2510? The only reason for the ride feeling different is that you are riding a little farther forward in the hull on the 2520. If it was me, and using it on Lake Erie, I would get the 2520. You can add heat and extend your season. Nothing beats the comfort of the house. Also a plus is not dealing with the side curtains over the years. Nothing against the 2510, it's a great boat and either will serve you well. JMO.

I don’t know about the conditions of Erie but I have a 2510 that I use in the Chesapeake bay and ocean and it does pound in the short chop. You will need to slow down s little and use tabs. My recommendation if you are getting the dc is to get it with twin 200’s. I know you said it’s a demo boat but the boat is sluggish with the single 300.

Folks I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I elected to the 2510 XLD with twin 150s! Love this board and learning a lot. Looking forward to jumping in soon. Wishing everyone smooth sailing.

Back