300 Evinrude ETEC 2008 over heating

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCallaway

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2005 Parker 23 foot big day with a 300 Evinrude 2008 etec. Since the purchase I have replaced the impeller, new valve for the intake, oil lines, computer harness. The water pump is running great and no codes come up on the computer for any problems. It is a short shaft 300 Evinrude stainless steel 3 blade prop, with a Jack Plate made by Flats Jac. The boat has a tunnel Hull and I am wondering if I need to drop the engine more in order to decrease overheating, it has one extra slot that I could drop the engine into on the Jack Plate. At 4500 RPMs the engine shuts down to idle mode it overheats up to 185 degrees. When I run wide open for one minute at 5200 RPMs it will shut down in run in idle mode. What else can I do to help prevent this engine from overheating. Is it possible that it's mounted too high? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated as this is my first "Tunnel Hull" boat. I love this boat and just want to get this taken care of. Please help.

Yes both thermostats were replaced two weeks ago. We thought that was the original problem but still did not resolve it. They even sent everything over to Evinrude Maine Center for their mechanics 2 review.

Back