Advice on radar mount on 2820 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishnut

Reaction score
Hi all, my dealer mounted my Garmin Phantom radar flush on the pilot house. I have not used it yet because I know it needs to be raised up. Where it sits now looks like it would be frying our brains while fishing. It may not, but don’t want to take the chance. I plan on redoing it in the next few weeks and would appreciate some advice on height and a recommendation on a mount manufacturer. Thanks
Photo attached

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 184
I have 2810xld. I had to put a wedge under it to get good angle. They way the boat rides bow up I was not getting good picture of what was really out in front. I’d at least suggest a wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want a Battlewagon mount....It's Polished Stainless.

Do Not buy a powsercoated alum mount....It will look like crap in 3yrs. The battlewagon will look like the day you put it on.

Now.....This link is for Simrad, but the principles still apply, as to hardtop width and height of pedistal.

A 6in unit is a good compromise. https://www.battlewagonmounts.com/ Look at the A6 model

http://www.simrad-yachting.com/Root/Ins ... 3_EN_P.pdf

Look at page 9

Dealer should know better than to flush mount the radome like that.
Take Bobbys advice and get the battlewagon mount.

Thanks everyone for the info...I have decided that the BattleWagon mount (6A) is the way to go with this. Can I get a thumbs up from y’all that the 6A with a 4 degree angle would be enough (or a good starting point) to compensate for the high bow ride as stated by OcPakerguy. Thanks again for your input everyone!

I used the 6" Battlewagon mount w/o the built in wedge with my 24" Phantom. I thought I might have needed the wedge but this works perfectly. I've tucked the motors under and had the tabs fully down to plant the bow to see if it made any difference at speed and didn't notice any change. And if you use it at trolling speeds the boat sits flat in the water. Good luck..

I would raise it up based on the advice above for performance.

However I wanted to note that the Fantom is a solid state radar and will not harm you like a magnetron radar....

B-Faithful":nx55zvs5 said:
I would raise it up based on the advice above for performance.

However I wanted to note that the Fantom is a solid state radar and will not harm you like a magnetron radar....

Thanks B-Faithful, I didn’t realize that. This is a good example of why I joined this forum. Lots of good info and advise.
I received my battle wagon mount a couple of weeks ago and hope to get it installed in a couple of weeks. Will send pics. Thanks again!

Back