2320 help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmorrison

Reaction score
I am sure this has been talked about a lot. I currently own a 2015 Parker 2100 DV it's actually listed on here for sale. The reason I am selling is because the 2320 has gotten my attention. My wife and two young daughters and I like to take extended trips up and down the ICW to different places. Not sleeping on the boat though. The 2320 just looks like it would be more comfortable to throw bean bags on the deck or ride in the house if the weather got a little rough. I also like to bottom fish with my buddies 30-40 miles off of Savannah too and anchor up in the inlet to fish as well. I have never been on the 2320 but everything I read about them on other sites is pretty negative concerning the ride. Another thing that is driving me a little crazy is there is no live well? Can someone chime in with real world stuff? Thank you

I have a 2014 2320 with a yam 250 hp. I love the boat. I live in calif and my boat is at my dock in Channel Island Harbor. I’ve been in all sorts of different sea conditions and it has preformed better that I ever thought. I have owned many boats in my time and to me this is the best boat I’ve ever owned.

I have a center bait tank on the deck and also have an exterior seat at the transom.
The only thing I would do is take out the pilot house side bench seat. I did so and cut down the seat and placed it facing forward against the back of the pilot house wall. I then installed a pedestal seat in front of it. It works great. When I cut the floor for the pedestal seat I had to dig out the foamcore to be able to bolt the seat in place.

I tried to send a photo of the seat but I guess my photo is to large for the forum to get. Im not to computer savvy.

Hope this helps,
BrunoT

The 2320 is a deep vee hull, so how anyone could complain about the ride means one thing...
They are driving her too fast for the conditions.

Honestly, that goes double for the modified vee's as well.

These are not Contenders, SeaVee's or <pick your favorite go-fast boat here>.
These are rock solid, well built fishing boats.
If you are pounding, adjust your trim and lower your speed, and enjoy the ride.

My circumstances are similar to yours. Wife and daughters love boat rides when it's nice, and me and buddies like to fish.

Megabyte nailed it. I've had my 2006 2320 for two years now, mostly fishing out of Bodega Bay, CA but several times around the Channel Islands as well. It can be very unpleasant around Bodega Bay; windy, choppy, mixed swells, bumpy, large swells at short intervals, etc. It's not hard to have an uncomfortable ride but it's usually the result of too much speed for the conditions.

The bench seat is not my first choice and I've often thought about pulling it out and installing two pedestal seats, similar to what BrunoT did. It's far more comfortable for passengers to face forward. I have a couple of cushioned folding chairs that can be tossed on the cabin roof when not in use, but doing it all over I'd go with bean bags. The live well problem is easy to solve. I built a 30 gallon removable live well from a plastic drum then built a small table to go on top, and installed it against the gunwale on the port side behind the cabin. But there are professional-grade, permanent live well options available as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys for the useful information! I met with the dealer today and they are offering me a pretty good trade on my 2100 DV CC. I am pretty sure at this point I am going to pull the trigger! Thank you

Jumping in a little late. I took delivery of a 2017 2320 about 4 months ago and compared to other boats I've driven, given a sane driving speed it is a great boat. My buddy who has a 2007 says that my boat rides smoother than his. We use the bean bags, everyone's favorite and I had a 65 gallon bait tank installed which often doubles as a table with the custom top we had added. Someone described these things as a camper, I saw a boat with all types of crap like tents and chairs strapped to the roof.

I fish with several people here in So Cal who also have new 2320s, everyone says that the boat is much faster with a 300. If you can afford it I'd upgrade to the 300. I had it out on Monday in nice conditions and little swell. 3800rpms I was bumping along at 29-30mph and burn was 2.4mpg. (me solo+ 1/2 fuel and 1/2 bait tank). My top speed WOT is 46-48mph, but frankly, unless it's glass it's a kidney buster.

If the conditions are rough (common out here), you are typically doing about 22-24mph and the ride is not bad.

I'll never own a boat that isn't a pilothouse now, after spending the last 4 years driving CC and pangas I love the shut the windows, turn on the music and enjoy a dry ride home. I've come home in April soaked to the bone from bow spray swearing I'll never go back out. A few weeks ago coming back from San Clemente island in 2-4' waves and 15mpg winds we shut the doors and just had a nice ride home. All I needed was a cup of hot coco.

Get a seaspension seat too

One last comment, if you can afford it and you like to fish get two screens. Again, this was an upgrade from the previous boat and it's nice to have a full screen sonar and detailed chart.

Some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0623a.JPG
    IMG_0623a.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_1035a.JPG
    IMG_1035a.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0457a.JPG
    IMG_0457a.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 700
X2 on the getting the Yamaha 300 if you can swing it.

Installing a permatrim opened my eyes to the fact that there are mods you can do to make the ride better. I plan on upgrading my trim tabs next.

A-K":2utzm660 said:
Installing a permatrim opened my eyes to the fact that there are mods you can do to make the ride better. I plan on upgrading my trim tabs next.

The only thing better than a Permatrim is two Permatrims. The cheapest 2 ft of boat length you can buy. Wouldn't own a DV Parker without one (or two).

The 2018's have a live well. And in my opinion the 225 is plenty of power for this boat. It wasn't worth another $8K to gain 5mph and burn more gas. The 225/250/300 is the same exact motor, bore, stroke, compression and all. Just tuned differently. The demo 2320 boat that I drove had a nice ride and jumped on a plane with the 225. We were doing 35 knots at 3/4 throttle. Even the folks at Tristate Marine said it wasn't worth the extra money for the gain that you might get from more horsepower (the mechanic that did the demo owns one). This is just my opinion and I will find out completely when my boat arrives, but for a fishing boat it rode great and went plenty fast.

billmjam":21wizt7o said:
The 2018's have a live well. And in my opinion the 225 is plenty of power for this boat. It wasn't worth another $8K to gain 5mph and burn more gas. The 225/250/300 is the same exact motor, bore, stroke, compression and all. Just tuned differently. The demo 2320 boat that I drove had a nice ride and jumped on a plane with the 225. We were doing 35 knots at 3/4 throttle. Even the folks at Tristate Marine said it wasn't worth the extra money for the gain that you might get from more horsepower (the mechanic that did the demo owns one). This is just my opinion and I will find out completely when my boat arrives, but for a fishing boat it rode great and went plenty fast.
Makes sense to me. On flip side you will know when the boat is full of fish and crew.

B2

Brent":31tjgf7q said:
billmjam":31tjgf7q said:
Makes sense to me. On flip side you will know when the boat is full of fish and crew.

B2
When we are loaded with a lot of people I notice it and wish for more power. Usually just taking folks on boat rides.

B2

I have a 225 on my 2120 and it is by no means overpowered. If I was going to get a 2320 I wouldn’t buy one with anything less than a 250(which is an adiquate motor for the 2320), but I would personally want one with the new 300. JMO. It’s not about how fast they can go either. Boats aren’t economy cars, running an underpowered motor harder(higher RPMS’s) to achieve the same speed as a properly powered boat running less RPM’s does not make them more fuel efficient. You will never ever hear anybody running a fully loaded boat (full fuel tank, bait well, coolers, 3 or 4 or more large buddies and gear) in rough seas or strong currents saying they wished they had purchased that boat with a smaller motor. JMO.

Back