Old Fuel in Orange County

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djam

Reaction score
Hey,

A buddy of mine has an older boat (not Parker, but we like him anyway) and he wasn't able to take it out for a couple of years while his wife dealt with an illness. He has about 80 gallons of fuel (gasoline), it was stablized, that is 3 years old. Does anyone know of a service that can come to him, or he can trailer his boat to have that fuel removed? His tank is only 113g.

Dave

djam":2dbmms2e said:
My buddy contacted local haz mat people, they will take 15 gallons per week, so he is going to start with that.

i just removed about 50 gallons of gas from the boat. maybe 1 to 2 years old of gas? put it in our trucks and worked fine. just syphon it out.

parker492":29vzcn3m said:
djam":29vzcn3m said:
My buddy contacted local haz mat people, they will take 15 gallons per week, so he is going to start with that.

i just removed about 50 gallons of gas from the boat. maybe 1 to 2 years old of gas? put it in our trucks and worked fine. just syphon it out.

If you have access, disconnect the fuel line at the priming bulb and extend it out to a container below the level of the tank.
Pump the priming bulb to get fuel flowing and it will siphon naturally.

If the fuel had been stabilized, it's probably still good. Use it in your car or truck and enjoy!

Back