New 300 Suzuki

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice day today....me,my youngest and the dog....decent numbers fully loaded with fuel 160 gallons or so, two coolers of ice, 100lb dog, 350lbs of people along with almost all fishing gear (forgot net) lost a nice fluke because of it but did get some Sea Bass. Got it up to 4400 rpm /29 mph. Did not push it too hard today, only have 4 hours on it now.

Attachments

• IMG_3533.JPG
    IMG_3533.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_3542 (1).JPG
    IMG_3542 (1).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_3528 (2).jpg
    IMG_3528 (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 458
Suzuki is :

Cheaper
Easier to work on.....oil changes
Geared lower
Swings a Bigger prop

Just to name a few.

I've had 5 Suzuki's now......Only one was a problem....That was the fault of Previous owner leaving it in the water and never flushing it
ANY manufacture would of had that problem.

Yamaha's have all this cladding that has to be removed just to get to the oil drain and foot drain plugs....Why?

It's just another PITA and threads to gauld and bolts to loose.

Suzuki's drain plugs are in plain sight. Easy Pezzy no need to hide them.

I have a 2016 Cape Horn here right now. It has twin 150 Yamaha's on it. I see where Yamaha has adpted Suzuki's style controls and push button starting switches.

The 300APX I have can be programed to run in RH rotation or Counter Rotation. All you do is put a Right hand or Left hand prop on it. No need for a special counter rotating motor any longer.

The local Sea Tow runs nothing but Suzuki's here, their whole fleet......As much as 4000hrs with just regular maintance.

I have had a couple of Yamaha's and this is my 1st Suzuki. Suzuki was priced better and the dealer was somewhat local. I have had zero issues so far and believe I made the right choice. A friend has a Suzuki on his boat and he also has had great luck with his.

99Parker2520":38yct6xo said:
nice day today....me,my youngest and the dog....decent numbers fully loaded with fuel 160 gallons or so, two coolers of ice, 100lb dog, 350lbs of people along with almost all fishing gear (forgot net) lost a nice fluke because of it but did get some Sea Bass. Got it up to 4400 rpm /29 mph. Did not push it too hard today, only have 4 hours on it now.

I also sent you a PM.

I am also a Parker 2520 Owner, considering repowering with Suzuki 300. I would really like to talk with you and get your opinions and review on going with the Suzuki 300 on your Parker.

Thanks,

Mike P.

In my honest opinion you cant go wrong with either....Just a change and lots of Suzuki fans here on CP! Wart is right on the cost too.

Back