Parker hull/prop database

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OKAY:

WOT 6000 RPM, 40MPH, 1.9 MPG.

Getting to 6000 required a little tweaking with the outboard motor trim but it got there.

Parker rep says I just need to add some cup to my 15". 17pitch prop.

What do you guys think?

I'm kinda like grouper jim. I won't be running wot. Would just like good fuel economy and lower rpms doing 25 mph. Right now, I need 4500 rpms to do 25 mph.

On my way to the Tampa Boat Show...

I previously reported this:

2008 2100CC with F150 and black stainless 15-1/4 x 15 three blade prop.

Two guys, full fuel load (100 gallons), cooler, ice, rods, and the usual junk:

6000 rpm and 40 mph+ on both the GPS and built in Yamaha speedo. I think there is a little more if I play with trim.

4000 rpm delivered 25+ mph, and 4500 produced just about 30 mph. I "cruise" at 25 or so, and with a little trim fiddle, I was able to achieve this with 3900 rpm, and about 6 gph.

This past weekend out on the Patuxent River with my wife aboard and with a buddy aboard, too, with 80 gallons of fuel in the tank and two coolers, plus the bimini top up...

We got 40+ mph at 5900 rpm in flat water. The acceleration is outstanding with the 15-1/4 x 15 prop. The boat jumps right up on plane when you firewall the throttle and you can almost immediately pull back for a smooth cruise. Nice flat wake, too.

I rarely will have more than two or three other people on this boat, so I am well-pleased with the WOT figures, since with the damned chop on the Bay much of time time, running at 25 mph is much more likely, and even more likely many days, running in the low 20s. The fuel burn at cruise is in the low 6 gph range.

When I was contemplating this new boat, I considered for a while going with an F200. I'm glad I didn't...not for my usage on Chesapeake Bay...the ideal match is the F150.

Added 9/30/07

Three aboard, three coolers, fishing fear, 65 gallons of fuel:

6000 rpm, 41 + mph.

Sounds like she's dialed in just right. Thanks for the numbers. I am sure our fellow CP members will use your information when buying a new boat or improving the one they have.

I think we have some good data on the 21DV and 23DV. It would be nice if the 25MV and 25DV guys would step up and post some numbers.

jim

I have a 2300 SE with a 2005 f250. I can't say exactly what prop is on the Motor. It is what came with the yammie. WOT: 6000rpm 40mph. That is all jacked up and trimmed out.. It cruises nicely on plane at about 3000rpm... (30-32mph) and will stay on plane at a fairly slow roll... Next time I'm out...(this weekend) I'll get more solid numbers. Initially, I expected a bit more out of WOT and tended to think there was a problem with the boat and or motor (and there may be). Gas, People, Gear, full livewells etc... do not noticeably impact the performance at any speed. It’s 40mph regardless… My holeshot is probably 1.5 to 2 boat lengths… Since I rarely run more than cruising speed (or less)… I really haven’t given it much more thought, but now reading this thread I’m not so sure… Do you guy think I should be seeing higher top-end numbers?
Thanks

finnautical":1t7cpygd said:
I have a 2300 SE with a 2005 f250. I can't say exactly what prop is on the Motor. It is what came with the yammie. WOT: 6000rpm 40mph. That is all jacked up and trimmed out.. It cruises nicely on plane at about 3000rpm... (30-32mph) and will stay on plane at a fairly slow roll... Next time I'm out...(this weekend) I'll get more solid numbers. Initially, I expected a bit more out of WOT and tended to think there was a problem with the boat and or motor (and there may be). Gas, People, Gear, full livewells etc... do not noticeably impact the performance at any speed. It’s 40mph regardless… My holeshot is probably 1.5 to 2 boat lengths… Since I rarely run more than cruising speed (or less)… I really haven’t given it much more thought, but now reading this thread I’m not so sure… Do you guy think I should be seeing higher top-end numbers?
Thanks

Yes.

Fin:

You surely have ample amount of HP on your boat. For the most part top end is determined by the pitch of the prop. You should be running a 15.25x19 3 blade SWS or Mirage Plus, or a 14 5/8 x19 Merc rev 4 which would give you a top end speed of 48+ mph/6000 rpm and better mid-range mpg. Just my opinion based on your current numbers.

Prop Gods is in our local area and can get your boat hooked up with the perfect prop. Google them for the number in Sarasota. Ken really knows his stuff.

Good Luck.

jim

ScoopsAhoy Well I was out today. My estimates were close. Seems like I do about 22 at 4200 rpm said:
Had Ken from Prop Gods out last week (friend of grouper jim), checked out my boat and tried 3-4 different props. Seems the problem was ME. :oops: I wasn't trimming the motor up enough. I've been an I/O guy for a long time and where he trimmed it up It "looked" to me like the prop would come out of the water but didn't happen. Anyway at 4 bars on the trim indicator I got an extra 1-2 mph at the top end of the rpm scale, better fuel economy.

We tried the merc rev 4x17 and (properly trimmed), added about 2-3 mph in the lower to midrange rpms. Fuel improved as well. Seems to not fall off anymore at the 4000-4200rpm range and will stay on plane.

Will post the final numbers when I fill her back up to get the same weight as original report.

Meanwhile, getting ready for Cobia season. Opens up next week.

Anyone else have prop numbers to share? Put some effort into this topic and help out a fellow CP member----post your numbers here! Pics of the helm--Tach and Speed would be cool too if you have a digital camera.

I am sure some of you 21 and 25 guys have got some data to share.

Scoops, How about it---I know you have that new Rev 4 17 on the back of your 25MV. Numbers?

jim

grouperjim":22182mt2 said:
post your numbers here! Pics of the helm--Tach and Speed would be cool too if you have a digital camera.

Got this shot a week ago...

Image-5EE428807AB611DC.jpg

2520 MVSC (14 degree deadrise)
Yamaha 225 OX66, 17p Merc Mirage Plus
24x9 Bennett tabs :wink:

Finally reached prop nirvana. For a 3 blader that is. I sold my rev 4 17 after installing a permatrim. The rev 4 was definitely the best 4 blader with its great stern lift. However the Permatrim solved the stern lift issue so I wanted to go back to a 3 blade for offshore cruising performance. The Mirage Plus 15.25x 19 was getting the job done but it really stunk down low and midrange which is the rev 4s bread and butter.

Today I tested a Mirage Plus 15 3/8 x 18. All I can say is this thing seems to be perfectly tuned to the 2320/f250. The engine sings like a turbine in the midrange as well as at cruise (4500rpm). The Mirage 15.25 x 19 would make the engine work a little harder than I liked as it ran a little louder and not quite as smooth.

Today's test:

100 gal fuel
2.5 people
200 lbs gear/ice/food

Conditions 5 knts on the nose, seas 1 ft tight chop.

25 mph 3700 rpm 3.1 mpg
30 mph 4100 rpm 3.0 mpg
35 mph 4600 rpm 2.7-2.8 fluctuating

WOT 46 mph 5900 easy - 6000 briefly

The best 3 blade prop I've tested. Engine sounds great with this prop. I'm done testing---out.

Selling the 19. check "For Sale"

Neighbor just bought a used 25sc with a deep v. He has twin yam 150 hpdi's and says he can only run 4200 WOT with the 3 blade props on it now. He can't find the size on the outside but will try and take the prop off tonight. Anyway, he says the boat was used mainly for trolling, which is why it may have the props on it that it has, but, aside from that, what do you guys, that have the deep v with twin 150 hpdi suggest he put on as props?

Seventeen pitch in whatever diameter gets him close to 6k rpms. Probably 15 x 17 like the prop you replaced with the rev 4.

jim

Not Parker numbers, but these might relate to the 2510DV....

Last time out after switching to 15.25 x 19 Mirage Plus wheels, and raising my 225 OX66s to the third hole, I cranked out 42 kts against an outgoing tide at about 5350. That was with 100 gallons, lots of fishing gear, 3 adults and 1 tough kid. :)

3000 RPM in a heavy chop, 16 kts on plane with the engines and tabs way down.

3400 RPM on calm water, engines and tabs up, a hair shy of 24 kts. 16 gph or so.

3900 RPM on calm water, engines and tabs up, 28 kts. I believe about 19 GPH here.

EDIT: I just realized that these numbers came from Scoopsahoy boat

I found this while surfing the web. I hope Ken from Propgods does not mind me linking this. I thought that this would be extremely helpful to anyone with this hull, could say your alot of money and time.

http://www.propgods.com/forum/default.a ... osts&t=107

25ft Parker Pilothouse 16 degree hull with F250 Yamaha Four Stroke

The Motor was Definately too low. He could come up one, maybe even 2 holes.
So his numbers should have been a little better.

Smooth Conditions.
Little over 1/2 tank of fuel.
2 people.

17 pitch Yamaha black stainless
4000rpm 20mph 2.1mpg
4500rpm 25mph
5000rpm 30mph
5900rpm 40mph

17 pitch Mirage Plus
4000rpm 16mph
4500rpm 27mph
5000rpm 34mph 2.2mpg
6000rpm 40.5mph

17 pitch Revolution 4
4000rpm 22mph 2.0mpg
4500rpm 30mph 2.2mpg
5000rpm 35mph 2.3mpg
5800rpm 40mph

17 pitch Powertech OFS
4000rpm 20mph 1.9mpg
4500rpm 27.5mph 2.2mpg
5000rpm 35mph 2.3mpg
5900rpm 38mph

captbone":1hnhcblf said:
EDIT: I just realized that these numbers came from Scoopsahoy boat

Your question was: Did this boat have a bracket and which prop did the owner end up going with?

Answer is: I went with the Merc Rev 4 and I do have an armstrong bracket. I have not yet raised the motor. Will do that when I take it in for it's next service. Not sure if that will make any difference but we'll see.

I need some advice on props. I have looked at a lot of info on this forum but have seen very little on my particular boat. It is a 2510 MV with a 225 yamaha on a armstrong bracket with a black factory prop marked 17 M. The tabs are factory tabs. The boat runs fine but it seems a little slow. I would like to get the most mpg without hurting the motor. I run down to Norfolk serveral times a year from Solomons and the fuel bill is making me think twice. Anyone with this exact set up with ideas about a better prop or way to increase mpg. Thanks for any ideas.

Back