Has anyone removed captain's chair?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Peter, Peter here also. I have not used this seat yet as I just installed it this winter. The hole is 4" wide and the base is into the floor about 3" deep. I too was concerned about the size of the pedestal but when you sit in it it does not give you the feeling of leaning too far to one side or the other and feels very stable. The only concern I had was what would happen if I removed it, would water go into the bilge, the answer was yes. I was very concerned and so I came up with a solution and that was to turn a SS bowl upside down over the base.This will work fine but I don't intend on removing it and leaving the seat out. When I installed it I sealed all the holes that I could but it was still a concern. Another thing that I did was to use an 11" slide instead of the standard 7" so I was able to set the pedestal back further and out of the way. As I said I do not intend to leave the pedestal out but I do have that option. I would be interested in a special deal for Parker owners. Do you have a movie on You Tube so interested people can actually see it in use, if not then that may be a good idea and also boost sales for you. Just my 2 cents!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,396
Great feedback Peter. Thanks.
Yes, we do have a movie produced by Ship Shape TV, done many years ago. John Graviskis, the host, did an unbiased episode on his dime with the stipulation that he would report his testimony whether it was good or bad. He loved it, and you can go to our website www.seaspension.com, click on "Why Buy", and there is a button for videos you can replay.
We have done some other clips ourselves, with limited success, as we are not movie producers, but to get the point across, we did an installation of a Seaspension pedestal at the very front of the bow of a Bay boat and had a middle aged man sit in it who couldn't reach the deck with his feet. He was totaly dependent on Seaspension to mitigate the impacts, and you'll see at he end, that he looked pretty relaxed afterwards. I have some videos of a race boat we sponsor, as well as the above mentioned gun boat, but it all need to be professionaly edited, and then we will post it on a newly designed website, which we are currently reorganising.
We will try to come up with a CP special price in the right format, so all you Parker owners can take advantage of shock-mitigation at an affordable price. Is there a proper way to announce a special on this site?

Peter's Post":2sahnh56 said:
We will try to come up with a CP special price in the right format, so all you Parker owners can take advantage of shock-mitigation at an affordable price. Is there a proper way to announce a special on this site?

Send a PM (private message) to Dale H, he started the website. :D

Thanks for the tip. I will certainly do that soon.
BTW, I like that action photo of your boat cresting the wave. It seems everytime we do a photo shoot, it is calm with no waves in sight. Last June we spent quite a bit of money, getting a bunch of people together, from different states, procuring accelerometers, etc. for the gunboat seatrial, and all we could muster was the boats' own wake. That shot of your boat is priceless!

You are right about the comma - bad mistake. Thanks for the correction. I'm trying to type too fast for my fingers/eyes to keep up. It should be www.seaspension.com
Please let me know if you have any questions about the site or product. Thanks.

Question: Has anybody actually put in a leaning post in place of the captain's chair?

Just bought a 2003 2320..and I want to rip out that chair. No free space and very awkward. A buddy of mine recommended a leaning post?

I bought and installed the SeaSpension post & it has been super for my old back. I have a Garelick folding captain seat on top of it. Bolt pattern matched to the old Parker base perfectly & correct height so piece of cake to install in my 2007 2120 house. It even dampens the small chop vibration.

I have no interest of investment in the thing. It is high quality. I did leave off the foot rest since SeaSuspension had some concern about it being attached to the post and the possibility that someone could stand on it with all their weight. After seeing the post, I doubt the foot rest would present any problem. Should have had something like this long time ago. Unfortunately my admiral is too light for the post to function under her seat.................Pete

Hi Pete,
Glad you enjoy your Seaspension pedestal as all of our other faithfull customers do. We do have a lighter coil-over spring we use in addition to the damper for lighter weight occupants. We can provide you with a similar pedestal as you have now, except that it will be for occupants weighing up to 140 lbs. Please check with us when you are able. After all, we'd want to keep the admiral happy too! :)

For a smaller leaning post unit, we also have a 'buttpad' which fits atop a Seaspension pedestal, is small enough to not take up alot of space, but big enough to put your full weight on. I'll try to attach a picture. Thanks.

Peter... you have a great product and great customer service.
Thank you for you attention to detail. 8)

OK..But has anyone actually replaced their captain's chair with a leaning post? If so, how do you like it? Suggestions?

gundog":2201bpi3 said:
OK..But has anyone actually replaced their captain's chair with a leaning post? If so, how do you like it? Suggestions?

Amazingly enough, it doesn't look like anyone has. I guess when it's all said and done, being able to sit OR lean is better than just leaning>>>

Gundog - I tried to send a somewhat longwinded post with a picture, but evidently lost it, as I don't see it. I'm not sure how the cockpit layout is on your boat, but how is a leaning post going to get you more space?
We do have the ability to make leaning posts on a custom basis, that would use Seaspension pedestals as a foundation. You can keep it simple with just a lean-to pad, or add backrest (w or w/o rodholders).
To make it simpler yet, while still providing a way to sit, is a buttpad as shown. It has a small footprint, and you can also remove the top pad section if desired.

One last try with the picture.

Attachments

• seat pad side small.JPG
    seat pad side small.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 538
with all this new business........i see a Parker beige version coming out. :)

i might have to get one just because TOL has one. and mine will be beige. :twisted:

I might be biting off more than necesary, but nothing is impossible.
We did in fact have one painted bright yellow for a SeaTow captain. Don't know if Awlgrip has something that resembles Parker beige. I guess the first one calling in for one will find out.

Well, just to let you know - the ball is rolling on the Parker Beige color. We've done about 6 of them in the last month or so. Kind of eats up my weekends, but we are gratefull for the interest. Sorry that we can't do the previously installed units much cheaper as it takes so much more time to take apart, clean and prepare thoroughly, and hopefully don't end up with any contamination reacting with the paint.
The Parker Beige is official at this point for a slight surcharge ($50) until we can get the (Parker) factory involved. We've had some positive comments already from a customer who wished they'd jump on board with us, as some folks prefer to buy their boats already outfitted instead of retrofit them as time and money permits.

I replaced the chair with the post....best thing i ever did...u can sit or lean and it frees up a ton of room

Attachments

• new low res 10-19-44.jpg
    new low res 10-19-44.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 360
Back