23 DV CC Performance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIsound

Reaction score
hey guys.

Been poking around here for the last few weeks. I've had my boat new since 05. it's always been a real dog with a full tank of gas. Long time to plan, rough ride--even with the tabs all the way down. the forward seating is removed so she's real light up front.

Long story short, I've read about all the prop changes, moving the engine up on the bracket, bigger tabs, etc.

Has anyone worked out a good solution for all. For the past 3 years, I've just run the boat with a half tank or less and that helps but the boat is much lighter and bounces around a bit in rough seas. I'm using the boat in Long Island Sound, which can get rough. I used the boat to commute to work from LI to CT daily for 2 years but never loved the ride like I should.
Some days I would get beat up in some good 3 ft chop.

I had to fill the tank this weekend due to some older gas and it just reconfirmed the "not so great ride"

my Dad had the 25 WA with twins...that was a sweet boat and the reason for my purchase.

Any ideas on the perfect combo of bracket height, prop, tab, fuel economy, etc?

thanks
Scott
The boat is now in Norwalk, ct for those interested.
:lol:

Search around for topics about motor height. I believe there was some good info regarding what hole to mount with bracket and prop choices and there might have even been a 2300 as an example.

CP member FishFactory also has some good experience with this on his 2300. My experience on the 2300 has always been great, so I would assume your application needs a little tweaking.

Good luck.

yup, done that.

seems that a Rev 4 19P? not sure on the pitch to get the bow down.
move the engine up to one down from the top. I'm not sure where it is now.
And get bigger tabs.

Scott, I am in a similar situation. Have an '09 2300 dv getting the electronics installed now and have been trying to avoid the trial and error and get the prop right from the start. Jcmcellan swears by the 19 pitch rev 4 and seems dialed in to his boat. My prop guy gave me a bunch of flax how it is too much pitch,etc and since I have not done any testing yet, I have decided to put on the rev 4 17 and raise the motor 1 hole. This I feel will definately improve stern lift, rpms to cruise, etc. Although I am a novice to the 4 bladed props, I would think that if you have a 3 prop now changing to a rev4 will significantly improve your tab sitiation and raising your motor 1 hole is fine to do with the 4 blade prop. Hope this helps.

my '08 2300 with the Rev4 19" and engine second hole down from top. jumps up on plane and I hit 6100 rpm 50.5 mph on gps, 50 mph on speedo with full gas tank, two guys, fishing gear and ice. hey smsampson, your going to find the 17" to be way under propped.
LIsound, what do you have for an engine?

I did not see on some of the post what HP's were rid'n out back. Underpowered boat issue can not be solved by prop change out IMO. I ditto others with a 250Yama 4stroke on a 2300DV. My experience is 3-4 seconds on plane, with no tab use, and can make it dance alittle at WOT. I cruise at a very comfy and dry 27mph at 4100rpm in lite to mod chop, bottom paint, gear, 2 people. Best rid.n CC I have been on/owned.

Your hole placement statement is somewhat confusing. "Raise motor at least to 3rd hole, mine is in very bottom set of holes, all the way up."
Did you raise the motor and to what hole? Or is the motor all the way down?

I have a 2310 which is the same hull as the 23CC but probably a little heavier with a 225. Which prop and which hole would you recommend?

Thanks

some people read a lot and post advice. some people actually do a lot and post advice. i'm in the latter category.

owned 2 Parker 23 dv hulls. one w/f225 and one w/f250. there is absolutely no comparison in performance between the two engines. that is to say that if i blindfolded you and you rode on identical hulls with either engine, the differences would be so dramatic you would swear you were on a different boat. the engine are completely different in how they sound, the wheels they can handle, mid range torgue etc.

a 23 dvcc/f250 17p is under propped whether a 3 bld offshore or rev 4 . a 23dvcc/f225.... a 17p wheel is correct and about all it can handle.

for a f250 a 15 3/8 x 18 would be the smallest wheel i would put on a 23 dvcc.

I have a 2006 with 250 HP and took the advice of many members here that helped out a bunch,I ended up with Rev 4 17 in,changed tabs to 12x18 so as not to drill any holes and the boat changed completely,more stern lift,easier to dock,bow comes down and can be buried if I want to and I get 6000 RPMS with full load 155 gal of gas,full diving gear,ice and four guys,she will do approx. 44/45 MPH because I have a large type t-top which I think holds her back a little.as for gas milage,I'm not concerned with that because the reefs I dive are about 20 minutes from shore.

I have owned Mako,McKee and Sea craft and none of those boats can be compared to my 2300CCDV,forget about it !!!!

Robert
Key largo

FishFactory,

That sounds great,you know you also have a bass pro at mile marker 80,not so big,but good to eat and get things.

You are coming from ????

Call me when you get in (cell #305-775-9966),I'm on mile marker 99 in key largo,Dolphin is biting everywhere in the keys,people coming in with boat loads of them.

Call me,treat you/wife to dinner at Bently's.

I will be in China from 6/7 to 6/14 then on 7/6 to 7/10 in Cayman diving

Robert

Well, i have changed my mind for third and last time. The rev4 19 is going on. Prop dealer probably thinks I'm crazy for changing it twice, but could be worse. Thanks alot for the input guys. I am relatively new to site and it is very helpful having input from Parker guys who have learned from experience. The guys at the prop shop looked at me as if I was nuts when I told him I was going from a 3 blade 17 to a 4 blade 19 and the guy at the boatyard questioned my raising the outboard just one hole. But I realize you guys know these boat better than anyone. I'll let you know how she works out.

the reason they raised their eyebrows is because they do not understand the design of the rev 4 prop. typically when you switch to a 4 bld prop you go down in pitch. with the rev 4 you do not. if you can run a 19p 3 then you can run a 19p rev 4 with typically only 100 rpm loss between the two, and similar top end (which is not really as important as handling and midrange performance).

if you get your props thru the mail from Prop Gods you can switch them out at a minimal cost until you find the one YOU like which my end up being different from what everybody else likes. i love the Mirage 15 3/8 x 18 on the 23 DVPH....some others do not.......so you see what i mean. the goal is to not grow a prop x-mass tree in your garage. although a good spare prop is a good idea.

FWIW i suggested the 17 rev 4 to Robert because he is usually VERY heavily loaded much more so than most people.

looks to me like jcmcclellan really knows how to trim out an engine/hull to figure top end and rpms. follow his example and you will be able to duplicate his results. just make sure you break in the motor before prolonged WOT operation. as the engine breaks in it will become even stronger and you'll see a quantifiable increase in performance as well.

gj, thanks for the explanation, make sense now. Thanks again gj and thanks jc. This site is the best.

smsamson,

My 2300CCDV with a 250 HP Yam.came from the Parker factory already with the motor raised (second hole from top),apparantly Parker did not do this before and most Parker owners started to raise their motors and posting results here on classicparker,it probably got Parker attention and they started to raise motors when rigging,of course I'm assuming this.

You wont regret it by going Rev4 and higher motor height.

good luck and let us know how it goes.

Robert

good point Robert. Also, the 23 DV hull (both the CC and PH) equipped with f250 are delivered with either the 17 OR 19p props. i noticed the DVCC motors raised 1 hole about 2006.

FWIW 2004s on the CC were all the way down and if you backed off the throttle too fast the stern wave would come up and over the motor cowl.

hey guys,

Haven't checked the post in awhile, to busy fishing.

How do you raise the engine yourself? I did a search but couldn't find anything. I read how some members moved it easy with a jack but didn't see an advice on how to raise it.

right now, the engine is in the top most hole. I'd planned to move it down to the 3rd from top and swap the prop for the rev 4 19p.

on a flat calm day I can turn about 6100 RPMs all trimmed out. So I'm at the max range for WOT, which should only be about 58-5900 for the F-225.

Back