Shock Mitigating Seat Posts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called and spoke with Seaspension today. And being very particular about what i put on/in my boat i asked if they would paint the unti off white to match the Parker color instead of the pure white. He said he was going to try to match it. He also said he would make a batch of them probably 5 or so. So if you want one color matched call and ask they should be doing it in the next week.

I had not even considered having one the color of the boat, wish I would have thought of that but mine is already installed. You will love it

BradV":2ev4px8z said:
I called and spoke with Seaspension today. And being very particular about what i put on/in my boat i asked if they would paint the unti off white to match the Parker color instead of the pure white. He said he was going to try to match it. He also said he would make a batch of them probably 5 or so. So if you want one color matched call and ask they should be doing it in the next week.

Dang! They must really be wanting to accommodate Parker owners. As far as I know, I was the first Parker customer. The colors were white and white, period. I wish I had the sand color :( I'm jealous, but comfortable....

All you guys have to do is ask about painting. I was going to have someone local paint it if they were not able to paint. I ordered the 20" spider version for my 2530. My seat pedestal sits on top of a step so i don thave the same height as others. The post measures 22" and they have the 23" and 20" versions so i opted to go a little shorter instead of taller. Hope it works out. Should since it feels like i have to reach when sitting now. Should be sent out next week. Ill let you guys know how it works but the forecast lately has been 85 degrees and 2 foot or less. So not sure how many waves ill find.

BradV":2n4r5k8a said:
All you guys have to do is ask about painting. I was going to have someone local paint it if they were not able to paint.

Brad, you can't just paint it. I think they have some enameled process that is heated BEFORE they put the guts in. Once the guts are in, you can't heat the paint. Maybe someone from Sea Spension can chime in.

You might be able to spray paint it with enamel can spray, but I don't think the finish will hold up.

PS: Regarding the 2' seas or less..... Trust me, you'll notice the difference even in light seas.

Enjoy!

they are going to take an existing chair that has been painted already and tape off and awlgrip over in the offwhite parker color. So i suppose they can do it. I am sure like any paint it can get scratched up i would imagine it would be close to as durable as the regular white. Looking forward to it. Should ship out beginning of next week.

BradV":ujxje72z said:
they are going to take an existing chair that has been painted already and tape off and awlgrip over in the offwhite parker color. So i suppose they can do it. I am sure like any paint it can get scratched up i would imagine it would be close to as durable as the regular white. Looking forward to it. Should ship out beginning of next week.

Make sure they do the base as well !!

You would think that would be assumed but.....

Well good news. Took the boat out this weekend and the seat is awesome. Not any real big waves here but just the busy boat traffic around Palm Beach and the big sportfish throwing waves. I also like the fact that the seat is a little lower (i decided to get a post shorter) it allows easier reach to the throttles and wheel without having to lean forward while the seat is slid all the way forward. Oh and the offwhite paint matches awesome you dont even notice its any different than what was supposed to be there. I will try to get some pics. The only issue i have so far is that when i slide the seat all the way back it rubs the cusion of the bench seat behind it.

BradV":15qrtwma said:
Well good news. Took the boat out this weekend and the seat is awesome.

The only issue i have so far is that when i slide the seat all the way back it rubs the cusion of the bench seat behind it.

Glad you found the seat as comfortable as I did.

Mine rubs the bench as well. I just can't remember if it did that BEFORE I bought the new shock mitigating posts. I think it did...

I NEED one! After getting into 2 car accidnets last year, both not my fault, I am really feeling the pounding on my poor back. Where is the best place to purchase one from online, or locally, in Lost Angeles?
Thanks

www.seaspension.com

This is the place and tell them you are a member of Classic Parker and you will get a discount. They had a special going on for us and I think they are still honoring that.

ppem45":36cxopkd said:
www.seaspension.com

This is the place and tell them you are a member of Classic Parker and you will get a discount. They had a special going on for us and I think they are still honoring that.
OK, I contacted them via email and received a response (a very quick response) that they are offering us 15% off which puts the price at $675.00/pedestal.

bent monkey":3djnf18d said:
ppem45":3djnf18d said:
www.seaspension.com

OK, I contacted them via email and received a response (a very quick response) that they are offering us 15% off which puts the price at $675.00/pedestal.

Best Money your back ever spent... :wink:

I had a chance to really use mine the other day in a chop about 3's and 4's and I found myself bracing for the road bumps but there weren't any. As TOL said it is the "Best Money My Back Has Ever Spent".

Well I am sold. The next question is do I buy one or 2, no way am I buying 4! Remember, the 2310 WA's come with 4 seats, uh huh, there are going to be some 'crew' that will be begging to take the helm, we get some nice swells here and they call me Top Gun as I like to get airborn sometimes when the hammer is down. Thanks for all of the info.

Good info on the seat ...

But how are you all bracing/attaching the seat base to the floor?

I ask, because I TORE MY SEAT BASE off the helm floor one day when in a confused sea, whilst running out for toona, 3 waves converged and peaked into 1, and I hit it head on @ <20 mph, just above planing speed, but enough to TEAR the screws used out of the deck :shock: !

I have since cut a 4" hole under the center of the seat base and I epoxied and through-bolted four 3/4" joists under the deck, with captured SS T-nuts, that the seat base fasteners now screw into.

how much are they? i literally have bad neck pain for weeks after a bad ride.

ABRIG005":ki5q70n4 said:
how much are they? i literally have bad neck pain for weeks after a bad ride.

See below, they were giving us a good discount, hopefully it will still be an option.

bent monkey":ki5q70n4 said:

Back