secret: substitute for woody's wax products

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. John Deering

Reaction score
want a cheaper alternative to woody wax. for the past several years i found a product that works just as well. it comes in an aerosol can and can be purchased for about $8-9 at i believe tractor supply, atlantic tractor or the internet............its called FLUID FILM. its hard to find up north but very popular down south.....just google "fluid film"

the application process is exactly the same as woody's products. exactly. funny thing is both products must have some of the same chemicals..........just smell both products. they even smell the same. now put the savings in your gas tank

Thanks for that tip! I just ordered 2 spray cans on ebay for $24.00 delivered.

Fluid Film was recommended for the EZ Anchor puller that's instralled on my boat. I've been using it for a while now, but never considered using on the decks. I can say it works great on all electronics - it's like a barrier coat on anything you spray it on. I purchase it for about $7/can from a local source.

give it a try guys, i use it on the top of the gunnel's, deck, and sprayed on a rag to wipe down t-top frame, gets off the oxidation.

just clean boat, hose it down and while wet spray on the fluid film, use soft brush to spread it, hose off and let air dry. wanna see if it works...after dry hose down.....see how the water beads??

use same process as woody wax. don't forget to do the smell test.........very interesting......... in smell, color and performance.

post you results.

Thanks for the heads up Capt. My supply was delivered today. Capt. John was right, the smell, texture and color is the same as Woody Wax.

so is woody wax really just fluid film??? hum! maybe i should start my business development plan, market the stuff for $18. its not stuff, its the "captain's special blend"

Picked up a can at the John Deere place, Used it today on the aluminum and it works great, going to try it on the deck next. Once I scrub em clean.

I have never used Woody Wax before, does it go on clear???
The Fluid film goes on with a gold color but seems to dry clear.

spray it on the deck, gunnel's, bright work....just make sure you use it like woody wax. clean boat, spray on clean water, while wet spray the fluid film on everywhere, move it around with a soft brush hose off well.....let it air dry. after dry try the test.......spray on some water where you treated with fluid film........it beads up...corect.

you guys need to take the woody comparison test........look at color of woody and smell it and its results.......do the same for fluid film........any difference??????? NO.

anybody wanna do a joint venture....contract with fluid film change the label and we fish everyday.

I'm ordering some...Lanolin based. I used it on equipment to keep snow from sticking to it never thought about the boat. Sweet.

I sell it in my shop on the aerosol can. I think, could be me, that it does not seem to last as long as Woody Wax. My findings could be biased by the differing application techniques: I have fluid film aerosol and woody wax pump. When I purchase from the distributor again I am going to buy a gallon jug and try it in the pump dispenser. There is little to no doubt that both are based on the same ingredients. Art

I used the Woody wax on my deck. The next trip out we had to be very careful.
Decks were slippery and afterwards I had issues with brown spots all over the place.
Called Woody wax to complain. They advised that I had simply used too much. Wash off (strip) with Dawn dish soap. Re-apply with very small amount. Spray on deck brush and apply.
Worked well after that.
I know it's slightly off topic but I thought it would be good to share.

P
And I plan on looking into the fluid film or whatever it was.
The Woody Wax is ridiculous price wise.

Back