Raymarine AutoPilot Steering Issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have a 2320, and installed a raymarine autpilot myself. Behind the seastar helm I T'ed in the lines for the auto pilot pump. Everything works great. My issue is when auto pilot is NOT engaged and Im up on plain and turn the wheel slowly to port the boat will not turn. I have to jerk the wheel to get what feels like the valves to catch and then it will turn as it should.
Other information to know is the boat is new, helm is new, the system has been power purged, and finally I have a second helm in the cockpit. Im thinking there are check valves in the autopilot pump possible causing the problem? And If so how would I fix it? Any Information would be helpful. Thanks guys

So I have a 2320, and installed a raymarine autpilot myself. Behind the seastar helm I T'ed in the lines for the auto pilot pump. Everything works great. My issue is when auto pilot is NOT engaged and Im up on plain and turn the wheel slowly to port the boat will not turn. I have to jerk the wheel to get what feels like the valves to catch and then it will turn as it should.
Other information to know is the boat is new, helm is new, the system has been power purged, and finally I have a second helm in the cockpit. Im thinking there are check valves in the autopilot pump possible causing the problem? And If so how would I fix it? Any Information would be helpful. Thanks guys
I know you said that the system is “purged” but that sure sounds like air in the lines to me…

Back