‘92 2510 MV Trim Tabs and 4 blade prop discussion

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crtapp

Reaction score
Alright guys I’m picking up a new to me 2510 MV hull. I’ll be fishing Gulf Coast or Florida. This boat is powered by twin 150s. It has no trim tabs and ran with 3 blade props. Previous owner added a lot of weight up front near the anchor box and says this helps a lot keeping the bow of the boat down with the extra weight of twin motors. I was thinking 4 blade props and adding trim tabs?! I’ve read tons on forums that somewhat bash the MV hulls. I will always pick my days preferably 1-2s or less but does anyone have any experience getting caught in some mess in a 2510 MV say 3-5 seas? Obviously you gotta slow down but is it as bad as they say it is? Makes me have second thoughts about my purchase the way some folks talk about it

I have been running a 2004 2510 MV with 14* deadrise for the past 600 hours in choppy NC. I have not upgraded to larger tabs, but I hear this helps with some of the below.

The bad that they are talking about is pounding at speed in a head sea. If the waves are steep enough to make the boat "jump" at a certain speed, then it is going to slam coming down. These hulls do not land gently. I cannot run 26mph into a 3 foot steep head sea, even if the waves are spaced nicely apart at say 8 seconds, because of the size and ramp of the wave. The boat will be limited to about ~17mph or so in anything over 2 foot chop, or if you are trying to run into a head sea, and we are talking motor trimmed in and tabs down.

If you run beam sea, or quarter the hull takes it much better, but the majority of my spots and the NC water place my favorite areas into what usually is a head sea on the way out.

That being said, I have never felt unsafe in this hull when I have been out. I have made poor decisions and ran through Carolina Beach inlet when I should not have, and taken breaking waves OVER the walkaround ttop but the hull has taken it.

The positives of the 14 degree deadrise are that you are extremely stable at anchor or drift, and get great fuel economy.

Back