01, 2320 Diesel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ida Ann

Reaction score
Hello All,

Sold the old 21' West Coaster and picked up a 2001 2320 with a Volvo-Penta Diesel and VP 280 dou-prop. It only had 125 hours when I got it in September 06 and about 225 now. Had a half tower, salt water wash down and 52 gal bait installed and she is ready to go.

This is the perfect boat for me. My local harbor is Dana Point but plan to tow down to San Diego and fish south of the border as well. The 2320 is big enough to get out the tuna grounds and small enough to tow without a permit.

I love the boat....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 4,275
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 4,272
  • Halibut.JPG
    Halibut.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,272
  • Dana Harbor.JPG
    Dana Harbor.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 4,272
Sweet :D !

Welcome aboard to ClassicParker !

By Gawd I'd love a diesel!

Welcome!

Haven't seen an I/O Parker as new as yours. How did you find the FL boat? Trailer it or ship it to California?

"52 Gallon livewell"...you West Coast guys know how to live bait fish !

I bought it from an 87 year old man in South Carolina and had it trailed out for $2000. I used Uship.com and it worked out great.

Thanks for the welcome...

I didn't know it either until I found this one and I haven't seen another one like it. It’s not the fastest rig averaging around 23 mph topping out at about 30 in good conditions. The best part is the fuel mileage averaging about 5 mpg.

Attachments

• vp_outdrive.jpg
    vp_outdrive.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 4,230
  • 200hp turbo diesel.jpg
    200hp turbo diesel.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4,230
Ida Ann":z61out1s said:
The best part is the fuel mileage averaging about 5 mpg.
Damn! When you git tired of her ... let me know, she could use some teak added ;) ! 5mpg would be awesome for toona fishing!

Wow! An '01 2320 with a diesel... 8)

Very cool and quite unique!
I should also add... "quite desirable" these days, especially with the economy you're seeing! :)

and she has the open-back option too! :wink:
another rarity!

Image-DB840A65C5C611DA.jpg

Welcome aboard :!:

Megabyte,
I really like the open back option. It allows for more room and better communication with people fishing on the stern.

DaleH,
I don’t think I will be getting rid of her anytime soon. My son is 8 months old and I am hoping he will have many lasting memories growing up and fishing aboard the Ida Ann.

Attachments

• Family.JPG
    Family.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 4,199
Now that's a picture. Beautiful family, great boat, congrats to you. I bet you spend time trailering in Mexico with that perfect Baja rig.

5 MPG, your killing me. :D

Hope I'll see you around sometime and welcome.

WOW !! 5 mpg now that is some range !!

That is one sweet ride, hope to see you on the water !!

Frank

Hi Ida Ann,
Nice boat....how many rocket launchers does one need?

A diesel??? Wow!!! Good score. It would seem that 5 mpg on a diesel is the low end for that small of a boat. Is it a "turbo" diesel?

What fuel capacity does it have? 100 gallons?

Man, I have been looking at upgrading to a Parker for some time but all I ever see is gas OB's in that size (my preference for trailering here in CA). The open back is what I like secondary the most. Not counting the large bait tank.

I am sure you and your wonderful looking family will enjoy it for many years.

Can I go to to the top of list if you decide to sell it? LOL

Keep the lines tight and decks bloody. Fish on Bro'

Later

Hey Jig Nut,

You can never have enough rocket launchers....

It has a 150 gal fuel tank giving us plenty of range 600+ miles.

I am very happy with the boat when you do upgrade you will not be disappointed with a Parker.

Ida Ann

Ida Ann":1enccgju said:
Hey Jig Nut,

You can never have enough rocket launchers....

It has a 150 gal fuel tank giving us plenty of range 600+ miles.

I am very happy with the boat when you do upgrade you will not be disappointed with a Parker.

Ida Ann

I guess I just need more rods and a bigger boat.

600 mile range!!! You need to teach the little one to drive when you're tired.

Gone out lately? I know it's slow.

Jig Nut":1atz707s said:
Gone out lately? I know it's slow.

SLOW!!! It's dead... I went out yesterday with not much to report, but it's always nice to get on the water.

What about you?

I haven't been out lately but I heard it has been way slow except for squid. No thank you, they are messy.

I need to save for a cool Parker. There's a guy here that want's to sell me his 23 footer with a diesel. He doesn't know it yet but he keeps going fishing and not catching anything.

I am sure his wife wonders what he is really up to. So it won't be long before he sells it to cover something up. :D

Good luck next time.

I won't get my hopes up.

I will just cruise MV and find another 2320 diesel and send some certain type of mailings to that address. 8)

All kidding aside you have a killer setup. I have been looking at the adds and it seems like anything good in my range gets snapped up quickly. I guess I better get a game plan together to jump on it.

Can you give a price range you bought yours for? It may be personal and I understand if you don't want to give up the info.

Let me know if you need a deckhand on a baja trip.

welcome aboard ida ann! love the rig 8). 5MPG???!!! i would KILL for that kind of efficiency (i get about 1!!! :eek:) i have the open back option too, its great until you want to keep someone out. BTW, dont be intimidated by the sparkling glare coming off off megabyte's Parker in that picture, he is widely known for having the cleanest parker on the planet, a title that everyone else falls far short of :D :shock:

Jig Nut":qywnvtwn said:
Can you give a price range you bought yours for? It may be personal and I understand if you don't want to give up the info.

Paid $42K and feel that is was a good deal. What do you guys think?

I could not find a used 2320 in CA and have been told I could sell for $10K+ more. Not that I would...

Back