04 Yamaha F225 high idle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutgendorf

Reaction score
I was on a trip recently when I lost power. One of the driven sprockets that drive the timing belt broke off. I since have replaced both drive gears and the timing belt. I have properly aligned both drive gears to their respective marks and have aligned the flywheel to 1TDC and double checked the timing with a gun. I’m experiencing a high idle when at the dock and a normal idle while the motor runs from the hose in dual feed muffs on the trailer. I’m experiencing idle rpm’s of 1000-1200. Anyone ever have this experience after replacing drive gears and belt? Not sure if it’s a throttle position sensor or what? Boat ram fine before having to perform this work. Any help is greatly appreciated

Have you checked compression? I believe they are interference engines. Meaning the valves will get hit by the pistons. I had to replace the cylinder head on a 150 when the camshaft snapped on a Yamaha F150.IMG_2923.jpeg

Try plugging in yds software and seeing if there are any codes.

Check for unplugged connectors. Air sensor on the intake box is commonly left unplugged.

My recent code was the shift position sensor

Try plugging in yds software and seeing if there are any codes.

Check for unplugged connectors. Air sensor on the intake box is commonly left unplugged.

My recent code was the shift position sensor
Appreciate your response, had codes read and it turned out to be the Throttle position sensor.

Back