• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

08 2320 w/Yamaha 250 and New Trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, just to set the record straight. The boat has been sold 3 times in the last few months. First of all, my life-long fishing partner called to ask if it was not sold if I would be willing to own it in partnership with him. Since I did not have a deposit or make any promises to anyone, that's what I did. About a month and a half afterwards my friends wife became ill and he asked me if I would return his money. I did so. The second buyer was someone local who promised to drop his deposit off in about a week. He never showed up...couldn't get the financing. The third buyer flew all the way from the West Coast, left a deposit, but eventually decided not to purchase the boat. I have returned his deposit. The boat is now once again under a deposit. Please re-read the post from Reckless 2. He did in fact talk to me about it for a few weeks, but never offered a deposit or committed to purchasing the boat. I am sorry if anyone feels slighted or maligned but, come on guys. This is a business transaction...and one that I hope ends soon.

Odd defensiveness. I'm seeing a bigger picture now. I got a message back from him yesterday. Seems like a pretty nice, kind fellow. Sometimes the issue lies with the man in the mirror.
Dude I think it went over your head I spoke to this guy for two weeks trying to purchase this boat he is a retired Navy Sergeant lives in Carrollton Virginia do you need any more
You are the one defending his thread where he lives and I was replying to your answer fool

Again for the record...I am a retired Army Colonel. And I'm sorry that Reckless 2 feels slighted about this but the fact remains, he never agreed to purchase my boat or offered to send a deposit.

Ok, just to set the record straight. The boat has been sold 3 times in the last few months. First of all, my life-long fishing partner called to ask if it was not sold if I would be willing to own it in partnership with him. Since I did not have a deposit or make any promises to anyone, that's what I did. About a month and a half afterwards my friends wife became ill and he asked me if I would return his money. I did so. The second buyer was someone local who promised to drop his deposit off in about a week. He never showed up...couldn't get the financing. The third buyer flew all the way from the West Coast, left a deposit, but eventually decided not to purchase the boat. I have returned his deposit. The boat is now once again under a deposit. Please re-read the post from Reckless 2. He did in fact talk to me about it for a few weeks, but never offered a deposit or committed to purchasing the boat. I am sorry if anyone feels slighted or maligned but, come on guys. This is a business transaction...and one that I hope ends soon.
Why did you tell me the boat was sold that and never called me back to the offer it for me
Again for the record...I am a retired Army Colonel. And I'm sorry that Reckless 2 feels slighted about this but the fact remains, he never agreed to purchase my boat or offered to send a deposit.
It's really odd that you left the story out where I called you in the morning and told I want the boat and to leave a deposit you told me that you sold it to your best friend and he didn't know it was for sale and he bought it from you if you didn't sell it to your best friend why don't you bother to reach out to me call me back to purchase you're not being very honest with everyone on this thread
You left the part out that you told me your best friend purchased your boat.
Good luck with your sale
Things happen for a reason

Attachments

• 20210208_114041.jpg
    20210208_114041.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Well if the sale falls through again I’ll be interested in the boat. Wouldn’t mind buying a boat from another veteran.

Thanks Grouper Pirate. Appreciate the back-up. Keep your eyes open. I've had dozens of calls but only a couple deposits. I'll hold the boat for a deposit and return it if warranted but, can't figure out who is serious without some skin in the game.

Wow getting rough out there ,Good Luck guys I will stay out of this one

I bought a 2320 '08 last month out of virginia. I hope Virginia doesn't have some curse or something....Geez

Back in the Parker Club!!!!.... I purchased this boat last week. In December I called the owner when she was first listed on THT. I scheduled a appointment to take a look (9hr Drive). Then life happened. Something came up and I was unable to make it. I sent him a message letting him know I was out on the purchase. He was very understanding and friendly. I did notice online a few weeks later he said the boat was off the market...... Fast forward to last week. Things changed for me. I'd kept the contact info and randomly decided to call him. ( I didn't know he had relisted the boat) Anyway we had a chat. He said the boat was still available so I mailed a deposit. The evening after I sent the deposit I found where she had been re-listed here on Classic Parker and also saw where Reckless2 was painting a sketchy picture of the guy. His description didn't see to jive with my past phone conversations with the seller. My dealings with WETSU were straight forward. The boat was represented accurately and in the described condition. I found him to be honest and forthcoming. Just thought I'd share

Anyway, looking forward to getting out there soon. Tight lines!

Back