Quantcast

125+ members in the first week!

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

Megabyte

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that in the first week of operation after going 'public' that ClassicParker has signed up over 125 members?

WoW :!:

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Yes ... looks like we may just have something here, huh?

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any "Keepers of the Parker Flame" out there have any idea how many Parkers have been produced over the years? :?:

Also curious as to how those numbers stack up against GW and BW....anyone care to take a stab at this one?

Wondering where our membership will top out?
The Great Grady website has been up for a year, and has about a thousand members.

Assuming that within a year's time any Grady Owner who spends any amount of time online and is inclined to participate is bound to find out about the Grady Owners site.

So if the population of Parker owners is 1/10th the size of GW owners,,,,

We're just more wired! 8)

Megabyte

Reaction score
I can almost gaurntee that there are more Gradys and Whalers that have been produced over the years than there are Parkers. But... since boat companies rarely admit to sales figures, that is only my opinion based on my observations.

The number of members in any particular forum isn't an exact thing either. I belong to the Mako, Seacraft, Boston Whaler, and Grady sites myself, though I'll admit that is probably the exeption rather than the rule. In my case, I'm a project boat junkie. :)

Still, membership here has continued to rise daily. Some of it may be due to boating folks being more 'connected', some of it may be due to the word of this site continuing to trickle out. Just notice how many logon ID's you see here that are 'familiar'. :wink:

Everywhere you go these days the Parker brand has a great following. Its no longer just the workboat-of-choice in the Carolinas where it got its start. Just look at our members... we have folks registered on almost every coast.

Look at the Parker model listing...
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/06_boat_lineup.jsp
... and its easy to see which have become the more popular models these days. :mrgreen:

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Megabyte":2fukbzin said:
I belong to the Mako, Seacraft, Boston Whaler, and Grady sites myself, though I'll admit that is probably the exeption rather than the rule. In my case, I'm a project boat junkie. :)
(you forgot the -other- 12 hours a day you spend trolling on THT :roll: )

"Junkie", I think, is a wee bit harsh...maybe more like an over-zealous enthusiast?

we have folks registered on almost every coast
I wonder if any have been shipped to Hawaii yet :eek:

Look at the Parker model listing...
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/06_boat_lineup.jsp
... and its easy to see which have become the more popular models these days. :mrgreen:
So what should I make of the fact that they don't produce my MVSC model anymore? Were they not selling enough of them? :mrgreen:

Megabyte

Reaction score
cbigma":2161gaeb said:
So what should I make of the fact that they don't produce my MVSC model anymore?
Hey! That's what makes our MVSC's a ClassicParker :!:

Actually, I'm not suprised they finally consolidated the 3 models.
Having a 14 degree MV, a 16 degree XL, and a 21 degree DV had to be tough for the production folks.

Someday I'm going to attempt to build a matrix of all the different models, sizes, and power options that have been built over the years. It could take awhile, but it sure would be an interesting project. :wink:

John_Madison CT

Reaction score
Make that 181 as of today !!

We'll be up to 200 shortly, and then the word will slowly spread and more and more and more Parker guys will join.

Dale: Thanks for doing this buddy. I really enjoy this site !!!!!!!

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There always seem to be some "guests" signed on whenever I log in.. I wonder what the stats look like.. i.e.,, how many unique visitors we have to the site each week.

We have 181 registered users, but I bet a whole lot more "guests" browse around each day. Any stats available from the server Tom? :?:

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Here they are, as of today.

Porkchunker is THE most prolific picture poster so far ... waaaaaaaay ahead of Capt Kevin! I'm tied with Parker for 2nd place, but I tend to open up posts made and add pictures for people ... so I don't count ;) .

Looks like I may need to bump up allocated server space for photos as this rate!

Attachments

Megabyte

Reaction score
I don't upload photos to the site very often as I have my own web host that I pay good money for. :wink:

Even my CP logo in my sig is on my host.
I took it off of this forum, reduced it 25%, and use it as the sig in most all of the online forums that I visit. :D

I love this place.

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually what I was curious about was the website stats for visitors to the site, not the amount of posting by registered users.

In other words,, we may have 182 registered users,, but more than 500 unique hosts visit the site each week.. something like that. The hosting software should have a way to track that built into the hosting control panel.

"Unique visitors" will be tracked by IP address and most of the multiple logins by the regulars will not be double-counted. There -will- be some duplicates for those with dynamic IP addresses.

Megabyte

Reaction score
191 users as of today.
Anyone want to hazard a guess when we'll reach 200? :)

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Megabyte":s0ww38sv said:
191 users as of today.
Anyone want to hazard a guess when we'll reach 200? :)
Oh...Oh.... I know this one....March 23. Did I win the pool? :D