1801 console pole holders-kind of a no brainer (if you have them please attach pictures)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

843Parker

Reaction score
2001 1801 Console
Strongly considering mounting pole holders on both sides of the console. It would be nice to have, but I do not absolutely need them. There is only space available for mounting pole holders on console on forward part to clear the console door and grab rails on console. Any brand/style/2-3-4 holder (really prefer 3) that is well made that you know of please share, I would appreciate it. Price is irrelevant. Please post pictures if you have them and done this.
-stainless steel/black/white/aluminum

Attachments

• tempImageTjCSdC.png
    tempImageTjCSdC.png
    15.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Keep going with your perko theme. Face them in different directions etc. The ones on the top we would often use for the boga grip, flashlight etc.
My buddy mounted a pair of flat base aluminum ones on the outer edges of the flip flop seat aluminum brackets. I think they were Wahoos.Screenshot_20211208-011706.png

Last edited:
I would not mount them where your thinking...Due to that door....Thats just gonna be a "cluster" to move rods lay'em in the floor to access that locker.

Sea Sucker has some rod holder options mounted on suction mounts that might work for you. I’ve been contemplating putting some there as well but it’s already a tight area and I don’t want any more ankle knockers than I absolutely need. Might be a good option that can be removed when you’re not using them.

https://www.seasucker.com/collections/rod-holders

I would call Boat Outfitters or someone similar who can fabricate Starboard and have them make a custom set. I think Seafoam starboard is a very close color match, and I've seen off-white vertical rodholders at a couple local dealers that match the cream/Seafoam color well. Boat Outfitters is really good to work with on custom orders because everything is computer modeled so you know exactly what you're getting. They can probably send color samples too.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/3-rod-deluxe-fishing-rod-holder-rack-white

I had a 2000 1801, hated that hatch in the console. The fuse block was tight in that corner, right under the trim tab switch, and you couldn’t even see it without sticking your head inside. And you couldn’t work on it without sticking your right arm and shoulder, and your head inside, then reach back across your body. It was like trying to get something out of your left front pants pocket with your right hand. I was about to put a round pop out inspection hatch there, but I sold the boat instead. I was also thinking of extending the wiring, and mount everything on the backside of the door, so that I could just open the door and work on it.
I think they later put doors on both sides, but that would not have solved that particular problem. You could only get one arm in there at a time, so you could not hold a light and a tool. A really good LED light mounted above the door, and switched, was a very handy addition.

Back