1801 console set up?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZLJ75

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could share some pictures and insight on their 1801 console set ups. I will be picking up my new to me 1800 next week and it comes with zero electronics, so will need to mount my Simrad GO7 and my VHF and just looking for best placement in dead. 31331D0E-4AD9-4140-9AA7-E29D458DF121.jpeg

Looks clean. My compass is far left and 5" Garmin is far right. Leaves the middle open for my dual cup suction cupholder. I prefer less out in the elements. Nice that no-one butchered it with speakers and such.

I just finished closing up the hole where the compass was, and another hole where a 2" Hummingbird sounder was located just above the steering wheel. The only thing on my dash now is a Garmin UHD94 and the Minn Kota heading sensor. I love having all that room without the compass! (I also store a small handheld backup GPS) The dash is now available to collect other stuff throughout the day...my snacks mostly! I'll try and remember to get a picture.

No VHF, music radio. 2021.
rick

Attachments

• Console2 (2).jpg
    Console2 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
I see two of you are using the two suction cup organizer and cup holder!!! Great idea!!

Thats the one I have. I first bought the bigger tripple one but it just missed fitting. Had the compass been installed further left an inch (there was room) it would have been perfect.

This set-up has worked really well for me. Stereo and VHF are mounted under the console with remote stations on the console. Like most others the FF/GPS units are mounted up top. Good luck with your set-up.
image0 (3).jpeg

Last edited:
The stereo is a Clarion CMS1. The VHF is Standard Horizon Quest GX1500S with the optional CMP25RAM+ Mic. Keep in mind these electronics are probably 13 years old. If I were to do it again I would mount using the same remote station setup. Here is a pic of the Stereo and VHF mounted under the console. Stereo is on the left and VHF on the right.
image0 (4).jpeg

Just curious. (None of my business); but why no VHF?
I've carried/ installed at least two on every boat I've owned in 45+ years....

I carry a very nice handheld VHF. It has GPS and DSC, I had to get a MMSI number for it.
I don't travel too far from home.

Latest posts

Back