1801 Fuel hose time

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomc585

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally had some warm enough weather to tackle the fuel hose changing on the 2004 1801.
I kept pushing it off because
they " looked ok" ,....wrong!
Fill hose had some evidence of leaking.
Hoses were OEM (Lawrence Ind)
1-1/2" Fill was 62"
5/8" Vent was 73"
3/8" Supply to Racor in bilge 53"
Also noticed the o-ring on the fuel cap was bad and the tether chain was rusting.
Upon inspection of the anti-siphon valve it had some debris in it.

Attachments

• 20210419_095646.jpg
    20210419_095646.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I realized this weekend that my fuel fill hose is crap as well. How did you go about changing yours? Thanks for the measurement by the way. The place I checked had one piece...63" long...

Replace the vent hose as well. It was pretty easy. Remove the fuel fill fitting from the gunwale. Attatch some mule cord to the hose. Pull from the deck plate at the tank connection. It was a push and pull effort. Let the new hose sit in the sun to soften up and use some dish soap when installing, again push pull method. The turn up at the boxed in chaseway is the stubborn area but it goes with a little effort.

Did you find a good ring replacement for O ring on fuel cap? Mine have seen better days?

I actually have an oring assortment (Parker Brand but no affiliation) which had the right size. I should have noted what size it was.
Shouldn't be too hard to match up at a homecenter or hardware store or if you want to go with a specialty type for ethanol resistance you'd need to search your area or online. Its not in constant contact with fuel so I wasnt too concerned.

Last edited:
Back