1801 Helm/Console storage options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

reellucky18

Reaction score
Hello there,

Anyone with an 1801 do anything creative with the helm/console to take advantage of such wasted space for storage? Right now, I have my batteries in the console and of course all wiring for the boat, but I wanted to add some type of removable platform above the batteries that I can leverage for additional dry storage for temporary items (i.e. backpacks, jackets, etc.). Anyone do anything creative and can share some ideas and pictures?

Thanks in advance,
Reel Lucky

1801Steve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not have the cooler option under the front console seat, so mine is one big open space. I put a divider at the back of the space where the cooler would be to keep stuff there from mixing with stuff under the console (a piece of plywood fastened on both ends to the sides of the console). That's the only mod I've made. Almost everything inside the console is in plastic bins of various sizes.Makes it easier to keep it organized and find what you are looking for. Things that don't get used often (like fenders and space anchor/rode) are at the back/bottom.

My trolling motor batteries are in the front of the console, under the front seat, in full battery boxes with lids. I have about 5" on top of the boxes where I can store light stuff.

Sorry, no pictures.

reellucky18

Reaction score
Thank you 1801Steve! I do have the front cooler on mine, so I have more of a box area to work with.
Shame on me for posting without a current pic. I’ll update here once some of the snow melts & I can get back in the boat.

I have one idea that I cut from spare plywood (with intentions of doing the final pieces from starboard) that basically fits into the space in two separate pieces. Easy to put in/out, but I just have to figure out how to mount/support these pieces & ensure they don’t bounce around on those snotty days. More thinking needed here, but again I’ll share what I have when I can get back out there.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I did for mine:
D46A55C2-4496-424B-B3EF-B68024F2A5F7.jpeg9F470266-43BA-4472-AA69-0EC881DFD411.jpeg
The batteries underneath are for the trolling motor, but it would work for whatever you’ve got in there. It’s just a piece of PVC board cut to fit, and secured to the tops of the threaded rods used by this type of battery mount:6B27672C-6131-485D-AB5B-5787D6FCEB1D.jpeg
I had contemplated building a box of some sort, but securing it to the inside of the console with limited access would have been difficult. This protects the terminals and the batteries while allowing for items to be stored on top of them. Works great!

tomc585

Reaction score
Pelagic, In pic #2 upper right side of pic did you open that area up or did it come like that? Looks lke it opens into the glove /storage compartment.