1801 Parker -new guy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just got our 1801. And, we are stoked. Nice boat and we’ve had it out a few times now and enjoying our time on the water. Need to get a VHF, trolling motor and a few more rod holders and we will be set.

Yeah I’m putting in Bennett M-180 trim tabs, 25W vhf. Eventually I’ll get a 72” trolling motor.

Definitely getting an EPIRB for the 2021

Recently purchased a 2021 1801 parker. Taking delivery next week. 1st boat, very happy so far with the process. Going to be a long winter waiting to use her in the spring!!
Nice! Congratulations! Same color I ordered. Finally received delivery notification from dealer for January 11th. Placed the order early August. I was wondering the Garmin model you received with the boat?

Echo
Nice! Congratulations! Same color I ordered. Finally received delivery notification from dealer for January 11th. Placed the order early August. I was wondering the Garmin model you received with the boat?
echomap UHD64 ?

Sharp looking boat! Love the color. Curious if the dealer offered it with a T top? I’m looking at either the 1801 or 21 se but I If I go with the 1801 I’d prefer to have a T top installed. Thanks and good luck with her!

No they didn’t offer
Sharp looking boat! Love the color. Curious if the dealer offered it with a T top? I’m looking at either the 1801 or 21 se but I If I go with the 1801 I’d prefer to have a T top installed. Thanks and good luck with her!
no they didnt offer the t top. I won’t be getting one. Maybe when I upgrade to a 23

Yeah I’m putting in Bennett M-180 trim tabs, 25W vhf. Eventually I’ll get a 72” trolling motor.

Definitely getting an EPIRB for the 2021
I got the same exact boat last August - you are going to love it! Would be curious to see how/where you are putting the VHF, if you are adding an antenna and also super curious to hear/see the trim tabs. Dont have them, but all the postings leave me with a little fomo. My first boat also so not sure of the need on this boat.

I got the same exact boat last August - you are going to love it! Would be curious to see how/where you are putting the VHF, if you are adding an antenna and also super curious to hear/see the trim tabs. Dont have them, but all the postings leave me with a little fomo. My first boat also so not sure of the need on this boat.
I’m thinking about getting an 8 foot antenna fold down on the stern. I plan on going nearshore solo so I’d like to have everything I can safety wise. I could probably just mount something on the grab rail like others so do.....not sure yet.
I will be running this boat 3-4 days a week. Can’t wait.

I suggest towards the top corner of the grab rail (stronger near the corners). The higher the better...it may be 3-4 feet higher on the grab rail and easy to get to if you are driving. Look into the new Shakespeare "Connects"...they allow unscrewing the antenna without removing the coax. Great for storage or switching out antennas.

I suggest towards the top corner of the grab rail (stronger near the corners). The higher the better...it may be 3-4 feet higher on the grab rail and easy to get to if you are driving. Look into the new Shakespeare "Connects"...they allow unscrewing the antenna without removing the coax. Great for storage or switching out antennas.
Awesome that’s what I’ll do then. Thanks a lot ! Anything else you suggest for a new 1801 owner? I searched the forum for ideas but thought I’d ask.

Congrats on the new boat, that's a sweet looking Parker. I agree to mount your antenna to the grab rail. If you put an 8 ft antenna on the stern you lose the functionality of a center console and the ability to walk a big fish around the entire boat (assuming your gonna be fishing). Not sure if you got a bimini but if you did an 8' antenna isnt going to work on the grab rail. That's one of the reasons I went with a 4ft and placed it at a height that would allow the antenna to be raised with the bimini up (though I rarely use the bimini). My vhf/4 ft antenna works great.

About the T Top, it doesn’t appear that Parker offers one for the 1801. My dealer sent my boat to Modlins in Farmville NC for a very nice custom T Top. $2,800 plus extra for a T bag and electronics box ( which I didn’t get). Rick

Got a very (13 hr) slightly used 2017 1801 in 2018. First owner had a T top made for it, it absolutely makes the boat. We sea trialed it, pulled it home the same day. The docs say us older folks need to stay out of the sun if possible. Besides, it gets hot sometimes here in NC. First thing I did was get rid of the cable steering, put on a Baystar kit. I cannot understand why Parker doesn't offer one as an option. Seems like a no brainer to me.

It had U flex steering-hydraulic, similar to sea star on the 2021, not cable

Took delivery today 12/22.

Ran the boat for about 15 minutes. Ran great! With 4 people onboard the 115 was plenty of power. Can’t wait to be fishing on this boat 3-4 days a week during the seasons. Feels like a much bigger boat!

Attachments

• 4563E646-42E2-437B-B32E-E14D74607086.jpeg
    4563E646-42E2-437B-B32E-E14D74607086.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • CCE1BC5C-4C9C-47A3-9563-3B8F5E03D954.jpeg
    CCE1BC5C-4C9C-47A3-9563-3B8F5E03D954.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 71622E93-57F6-4FC3-A2F6-73960B9BACFF.jpeg
    71622E93-57F6-4FC3-A2F6-73960B9BACFF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 49
Congrats. Have the 1801 since 2006- all good. Stern antenna should be avoided IMO as it will interfere with most of your basic activities- fishing, towing-ski, tubing- I have a console rail mount that folds down and is wired inside of rails and then into console.D52281D0-50BF-46B6-804E-3CE2D1CBD7CD.jpeg

Back