1801 RE-Propping INFO

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephprior

Reaction score
I have a 2015 1801 with a 2015 f115XB that came with the black painted Yamaha K-19 Prop. The boat has never been quick out of the hole but once I added a trolling motor to the bow and Two 80lb batteries to the the console the hole shot really went to crap so definitely time to re-prop. I contacted Ken at prop gods and took his suggestion. I wanted to post all the info I can as every time I tried to search for some I found very little available for the 1801.
WOT per Yamaha is 5300-6300
fuel tank 51.13 gallons
NO T-top
NO trim tabs

#'s with K-19 prop
Normal running 29mph 4600 rpm 5mpg
39 mph at 5500 rpm. 1 person full gas all fishing gear
41 mph at 5600rpm. 1 person 32g gas all fishing gear
40.5 mph at 5600 2 people and full gas
40 mph at 5500 2 people 1/2 tank all fishing fully loaded.
hole shot ? did not time it but should have as was slow.

Replaced with POWERTECH-SCD3 part # SCD3R16PYM90
1 person all fishing gear and 20gallons of gas
4600 27mph 5mpg
4800 29mph 4.8 mpg
Normal running 4900 30mph 4.7 mpg
6200rpm 40mph 3.6 mpg
hole shot about 3 sec

I have yet to get the numbers with a full tank and an extra person. I wanted to do the light numbers first to make sure it was not under propped. This is as light as I will ever run it as I usually fill up after I have burned 30gallons. I did trim up to see 6300rpm at one point but front ended was bouncing at that point so trimmed back down and I would never run that way. I also ran with live well filled(I have the large one under the fiberglass flip flop rear seat and the #'s are the same but hole shot was about 1/2 sec more. I can say the hole shot is less then half of what it was and it almost fells like someone is pulling the carpet from under your feet. I should have done this a few years ago as I was at the low end of the wot RPM range since new but never messed with it as I was in the RPM range. When I list the "Normal Running" this is where I feel the engine sounds the best or at ease if you will. I did loose .3 mpg with the higher 300rpm but the speed is still almost exactly the same. I will see what I get with another 30 gallons of fuel but from previous #'s only slight differences in fuel burn and rpm's are noticeable. I do like the way it steers and docks at idle speeds with full fuel better then a light tank but that is another thing..

Kind of a long post but wanted to put this out there for others. Ken at prop gods was great to work with by the way.
-JOE

Last edited:
Great post. Very detailed.

After looking through your numbers, I almost wonder if 17" might be a bit better since it appears that you are hitting the rev limiter of the engine

And you are right ..... Ken is great to deal with

Did you ever get new numbers loaded? Wonder if i could go with a 17 cause i wont be running as heavy as you.

In my experiences, find the prop that runs motor at 6200-6300 rpm wot with your average load and that’s the right one.

I think you might be under proped with that 16p. I would have expected it to have 17p as OEM. I found the 19p a little bit too steep for the low rpm trq of the 115's.
I swap them a lot and it always seems to work best with the 17p for all around fun.

Back