1801 stereo options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Good morning.
Wonder what everyone is using for stereo options on their 18 Parker’s?

worth while installing or just continue with the blue tooth speakers.

When it comes to marine stero....You use Fusion radio's and JL speakers....Thats it!.....If you want to do it once......have quality and have easy operation controls....

My Wellcraft 180 Fisherman CC was like swiss cheese when I got it. I installed Pyle self-powered blue tooth speakers to fill the holes that were already there. Not the loudest while underway but they did the job. It's all about speaker placement.
I just don't have the heart to cut holes in my unmolested 1801. It was a buying point when I purchased it that nobody added/modded anything to the boat except the battery charger.
I use a W-King D8.
There is a newer version also Newer W-King D8.
Mounting speakers in the bottom of the console pointing out to your feet to me is counter productive for good sound.
If you have a t-top that's a different story

I just put a JBL PRV-175 in my 2520. I had the open instrument hole from a recent repowering that consolidated my instruments. So far, so good.

My Wellcraft 180 Fisherman CC was like swiss cheese when I got it. I installed Pyle self-powered blue tooth speakers to fill the holes that were already there. Not the loudest while underway but they did the job. It's all about speaker placement.
I just don't have the heart to cut holes in my unmolested 1801. It was a buying point when I purchased it that nobody added/modded anything to the boat except the battery charger.
I use. a W-King D8.
There is a newer version also Newer W-King D8.
Mounting speakers in the bottom of the console pointing out to your feet to me is counter productive for good sound.
If you have a t-top that's a different story
I also am not looking to cut any holes. My thoughts are since I have a live well base with two pie plates right under the seat I was thinking about putting two speakers right in there and run the wiring under seat to console. No t top on this one.

I run a 400watt kenwood Bluetooth amp. I have 2 150watt kenwood speakers that I replaced with the original ones that were blown from when I bought it, the thing bumps and is loud even under WOT. Stream your phone or any Wi-Fi device. I mounted the amp on the floor inside console with double sided sticky velcro. It’s super small and light. With decent speakers it’s a combo hard to beat!

I run a 400watt kenwood Bluetooth amp. I have 2 150watt kenwood speakers that I replaced with the original ones that were blown from when I bought it, the thing bumps and is loud even under WOT. Stream your phone or any Wi-Fi device. I mounted the amp on the floor inside console with double sided sticky velcro. It’s super small and light. With decent speakers it’s a combo hard to beat!
Where were your speakers mounted?

I have 2801. With Parker's wide gunwales, the Poly-Planer box speakers work great mounted up underneath. The sound is great and when you're at a dock, the music is contained with the boat and not blasting throughout the marina.

I have the Fusion hideaway system & it works great! I control all of the audio through my GPS unit (Nmea 2000 networked). I also run a pair of JL speakers mounted on both sides of the console a few inches above the deck. This way you get full sound all around the boat. This system is plenty loud to hear over my 2 stroke at WOT.

I have the Fusion hideaway system & it works great! I control all of the audio through my GPS unit (Nmea 2000 networked). I also run a pair of JL speakers mounted on both sides of the console a few inches above the deck. This way you get full sound all around the boat. This system is plenty loud to hear over my 2 stroke at WOT.
I am actually back here searching for a replacement unit which I originally thought was "great". After using this system for several months, I am overly disappointed by it. I have the unit on one of my spare switches on my panel, and after turning on the switch, i still have to go into my console to click the Bluetooth button to make sure the unit connects to NMEA & my phones Bluetooth. That defeats the whole idea of a "hideaway" system.

Secondly, when I am running at speed, i will often lose bluetooth connectivity to my phone. Once I slow down my bluetooth works fine. To say it better, song plays, then pause, play, pause, play, pause, etc. Imagine this at 30 MPH for 30 miles. It gets very old, very quickly.

I went with this hideaway system because I really didn't want to cut holes in my console/helm, but if Garmin/Fusion can't fix this, I might have to look at options.

i lose bluetooth connectivity to my phone. Once I slow down my bluetooth works fine. To say it better, song plays, then pause, play, pause, play, pause, etc.
Is this just when your phone is the BT host? Is there another BT device in close proximity that may be attempting to auto-connect? Are you playing stored files from the phone or streaming from a service?

Is this just when your phone is the BT host? Is there another BT device in close proximity that may be attempting to auto-connect? Are you playing stored files from the phone or streaming from a service?
My phone is only connected to this stereo via Bluetooth & not connected to anything else via Bluetooth, so the auto connect is ruled out. Plus, it doesn’t drop at lower/slow speeds which also rules out auto connect.

Files are stored on my phone.

I am going to try to connect to this device via USB to at least rule Bluetooth in/out as the issue for the wireless connection issue.

ahh, yes...Process of elimination....and then still determine if its the phone or the head unit.
I have an old iphone i use just for music. It will randomly stop, just press play and it's good till who knows when.
Keep at it.

Back