1801 to 23SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrabbCake

Reaction score
After running my 1801 for 6 seasons and 704 hours I have decided to sell it and upgrade to a 23SE. Does anyone have experience running both boats and what I can expect from the 23SE?

i did this - 10 years ago. i have since added a 2501 for more offshore reach. i love the 23 se cc. its a much bigger boat than the 1801. at first you’ll feel like you have more boat than you know what to do with. you’ll go back to spots you know and love and even worry its too big - and then realize you’re drifting in 6” of water.

what power ?

I'm in the process of this very same move. Have a 2017 1801, just ordered a new 23 SE. The 18 is a really fun boat, but the 23 SE is a whole lot more of the same thing. Should be a bit quicker too, we ordered a 250XCA.......:D

I bought a 2015 dark blue hull with a 200 Yamaha with 132 hours.

I’m really excited to get it in the water Patriots Day.

23 se cc goes well with the 200. great gas mileage too. we have a f200 on ours (2006 hull on purpose for the older smaller console)

I seatrialed a new one with the 200. Frankly, was impressed with the power. But, Parker won't put the 200 XCA on it, and loved the no clunk, no grind shifting on my last Grady, so ponied up for the 250 XCA. If it goes too fast, I could always pull the throttle back....

Agree w everything Nick said. Made the same jump in 2012. Extremely happy, 23SE can go any where the 18 can, but much more comfortable. , Only negative with the bigger boat is launching at some shallow ramps is tougher. And of course more $$. Wish i kept the 18 for solo trips.

Attachments

• 186E61EC-FE05-4D1E-A84A-5A1C548A41C3.jpeg
    186E61EC-FE05-4D1E-A84A-5A1C548A41C3.jpeg
    844.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Efx
I sold my 2013 1801 last november. Had 704 hours of fun on it in six seasons. Great boat.

SEAsaw is getting bottom painted this week then slash down. Found a good one of CrabbCake too.

Attachments

• SEAsawhauling.jpg
    SEAsawhauling.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • SEAsaw.jpg
    SEAsaw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • CrabbCake.jpg
    CrabbCake.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
We have done the same thing, bought an 1801 with the 115 new in 2016 it was a great boat but we grew out of it, sold it and and decided on the 23SE with the 250, open bow. It’s on order and expected ship date it’s mid May. I am hopeful on the ship date, but not counting on it. We went back and forth over the last few years on which model to go with, and decided the 23SE was the most logical step up. My only concern is the live well, we do a lot of live bait fishing and the location is less than ideal, hoping it’s more functional than it appears to be.

23 is an excellent size SUV type of boat. Ive got a 17 and a 28. I use both. If I had one boat i would stick with the 23’ size. Big enough for 4 offshore and east enough to solo. You will be pleased. I do suggest a 250 6 cylinder at minimum . Or twin 150’s four cylinders. Also, do you have a tow vehicle that can handle a 23’. They are much bigger than your 18. I mean much bigger.

I love my 2015 23SE.. it's a smooth ride, cuts through the Kentucky Lake chop on windy days and is great for cruising. I tow it with an F250... which makes a huge difference on long trips. Helm and rod storage is a huge plus.

Back