1801 with Yamaha F150 Prop Advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artie

Reaction score
I am repowering my 2001 1801 with a Yamaha F150. Does anyone have any advice as to what size prop I should get. I am thinking of 141/4 x 17 or 141/4 x18. Any suggestion. Thanks.

Depends on your intended average daily load. With the 17 & 18 pitches it will perform really nice and with the higher rpm range of the 150 (vs 115) you'll see 40+ mph

Thanks, Tom. Most of the time it is just myself and another fisherman. Ocassional trips with 4 or 5 family members. Again probably 90% of the time just either myself or me and 1 other. Any suggestion of which to go with 17 vs 18 based on this info?

OEM on mine with the 115 is a 17 pitch. I've experimented with the 19 because I was looking for more top end. All it did was lower my rpm's. With your 150 I think a good balance is the 18 but you wont be disappointed with the 17 either. Where are your batteries? If you need stern lift thats a different animal.

Thanks again, Tom. My 2 batteries are under the center console so not concerned with stern lift as boat is pretty well balanced. I presently have a 150hp 2 stroke yami on her so I will be adding about 24lbs of weight with new 4 stroke but will be losing oil tank in rear compartment which actually weighs about 20 lbs when full. Scupper height above water should remain about the same.

I believe I have 19 on my 200hp on 1801. I would guess 18 is good all around. If you buying it from the dealer they usually can give you couple of demos to try.
It took me 3 props to find the one I liked on my 2120.

Got in touch with Parker and they recommended Yamaha Reliance SDS 14.25 × 17 and to mount the engine in the 3rd hole down from the top. Thanks.

Yes 200. Ex NC Wildlife special order for Parker. Overbuild transom and extra glass. Finishing rebuild and cannot wait to see how fast she goes.59750467416__465A5B37-B6B1-4587-98BF-E410015D8016.JPG

Wow. That is awesome. Good luck with rebuild. Would love to see you out on the water with her but it would probably just be a “ blur” going by!

You are welcome to find me on lake Ontario. I need to install rod holders (none on police boat:) )), 36v Terrova and electronics and I am good to go.

Last edited:
I WANT THAT ! But seriously I really wouldnt want to go much faster than I can go now (40mph) on my 1801 or any 18' MV hull boat except on the few days when the bay is like glass but that reserve HP would come in handy. You could probably get away with a 21P prop and get 50mph. Did they install at least a 60 gal tank?

Last edited:
Yes 60 ga. 200EFI is a thirsty MF. Floor was changed completely with Coosa board. T top and leaning post are bolted to 1/4 ''aluminum plate. Transom has special brace to prevent flexing. Deck drains are on the side. Hydraulic steering. I am psyched about taking it out this spring. So far all launches are frozen :(

This is the prop I found best performing with 2120 and 150 Yamaha in fresh water. 4DBC9CF8-C21D-4489-8AE2-8B7E5F829742.jpeg

I dont think a 15P is enough. With 200hp on a 2000 lb boat i'd be a bit more aggressive with the pitch. I would even experiment with a 4 blade.
[/QUOT

This was prop from 150 on 2120 model.
1801 with 200 has 19 pitch

I realized that, The 2120 being heavier with less HP thats a good match for that. For yours it would be like riding areound in 1st gear. Unless your looking for extreme hole shots and towing I would still go no less than 19P and even experiment with a 20 -21P.

Since I am planning to troll with it at 2.5 m/h I will need to slow boat down with trolling bags. I calculated min speed on my set up to be around 5 m/h.

I WANT THAT ! But seriously I really wouldnt want to go much faster than I can go now (40mph) on my 1801 or any 18' MV hull boat except on the few days when the bay is like glass but that reserve HP would come in handy. You could probably get away with a 21P prop and get 50mph. Did they install at least a 60 gal tank?
What size motor are you running?

Back