1990 Parker 18 refurb project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Lott

Reaction score
I'm planning to refurb this 18 Parker which I purchased a few weeks ago. Trying to gather information first.

Looking at the NADA guide it looks like in 1990 Parker made this boat in two configurations, an "18 Commercial" and an "18 Sport". Given the 300 lb weight difference between the two configurations, I am guessing the "Commercial" had no center console, but was a tiller drive model with a big open floor. As you can see from the pics, my boat has no center console and there is a plate riveted into the floor whether the center console would be.

Is mine a "commercial" model or did mine originally have a center console, that has been removed?

Thanks in advance for your help.20210607_172102.jpg20210607_172129.jpg20210607_172145.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like someone modded the boat by removing the CC, side mounting the controls (out of reach) and rigging a tiller handle. Doesnt look like a safe way to operate. Interesting that the side braces are much bigger. Maybe Commercial was determined by eliminating the casting platform and/or tank capacity?

Looks like a good canidate for a pilot house!

Back