1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawnee83":1xtbdhqt said:
Set up looks good. You’ve done a lot to your boat in a relatively short time. A rare Parker indeed. I think I’m going out in mine this weekend depending on what a coastal low does by Friday. I usually winterize my AC and fuel and wrap up in later December. Don’t need to fog or anything. Water temps are still around 80. If I see a good 10 or 15 day forecast in late March I’ll put back in then for the first time of a new season. I’m fortunate to only be out of action about 3/3.5 months. Hopefully you will get out and try out your new Axiom 12 before you wrap up. Good luck.

Generally our season ends about now and starts again in May. Long winters but we make the best of it. What coastal area are you in? I have a navionics chart of Florida that came with my previous a series Raymarine display if anyone would have a use for it. (Spoken for)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally our season ends about now and starts again in May. Long winters but we make the best of it. What coastal area are you in? I have a navionics chart of Florida that came with my previous a series Raymarine display if anyone would have a use for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I boat in Beaufort, NC and the Cape Lookout area.

My season in the north is over and winterized the boat last night. Do we have any members in the gulf shores Alabama area ? I will be headed that way this coming March for spring break and would love the opportunity to experience ocean fishing.

Looking ahead to this spring I have new piece of electronics to install. Unfortunately a thru hull transducer is not available so I need to drill a hole in my transom (*gasp). I intend to epoxy a plate to the transom to mount the actual transducer to. I’m torn on how to do my pass thru and sealing it well. My “plan” is to drill my hole slightly larger than the plug on the cable. Once drilled I plan on dishing the core material out slightly then filling/sealing the core material with epoxy. I’m torn whether the use a standard stainless clam to cover the pass thru (sealed with 5200) or to use a cable gland. Any ideas are welcome.

My transducer is mounted in the good position and cable runs to starboard side near top of bracket to a SS clam clover. Cable goes in a hole filled with 5200 and cover also secures the cable. It is the same setup from first owner. There are a few plastic wire clamps holding down the outside cable. Sorry no pics but Google it .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Brent. That’s a good option. I’m also considering routing the cable thru one of my rigging tube holes and down thru the bracket.

b7fe504cee15d7db68633e95fd321abd.jpg

Tucked in for the winter. Patiently waiting for spring

Brent":2ialj0lg said:
One large building

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not big enough. It’s actually a 28’x40’ deep shop/storage. It’s not heated but hopefully someday I can tackle that project.

515b2188c6f41d7a5d1c14cd43686ad2.jpg
Built my shop 3 years ago when I bought my Parker. 50’x40’ with a 16x50 roof only for RV. So nice having boats inside! It’s crazy that the Trophy is only 1’ smaller than the Parker 2520 as it’s a 24’. Way more deck. Enough to play basketball on [emoji38]

FishWhisperer":1ropwghx said:
515b2188c6f41d7a5d1c14cd43686ad2.jpg
Built my shop 3 years ago when I bought my Parker. 50’x40’ with a 16x50 roof only for RV. So nice having boats inside! It’s crazy that the Trophy is only 1’ smaller than the Parker 2520 as it’s a 24’. Way more deck. Enough to play basketball on [emoji38]

Nice setup! I hope to insulate and heat mine in the future. I made 2 critical mistakes when I built mine. 1-it’s too small [emoji2373]2- I built it with 14’ walls which only allows me a 12’ door. My Parker fits fine but the extra clearance for a loft would have been nice. Ironically my first boat was a 1988 Trophy. Great vessels for the price but not in the same class as a Parker. I had that Trophy for 10 years and caught a lot of fish on it.

Yes my first boat was an 1988 trophy 21’, then got a 24’ trophy (10 years with each boat), then bought the Parker. I fish in Puget Sound mainly so the Trophies were good for that, but always wanted more room on deck for shrimp gear and salmon fishing on the same trip.

My 24 trophy pounded bad in anything over a 1’ chop. The 21’s seemed to do better. I had a few friends with the 21’s but oddly bayliner put 4 cyclinder engines in those and they were badly under powered. All the deck hardware would shake loose on my 24 after a long weekend. A lot of fond memories but I don’t miss many of the nuances.

I started fabricating a new fuel tank for the furnace on my 2320. The original plastic Chinese tank concerned me.
075a175ee7719d5fe2f373404526a29e.jpg

Megabyte":1hx5fmvx said:
Looks like some nice fab work.

Thank you very much. I recently started a fabrication /welding business and I’ve been making aluminum parts for local fishermen. On the Great Lakes we use mostly aluminum for rod holders and rocket launchers.

Back