1998 diesel parker

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

Whalebone

Reaction score
I have a 1998 diesel parker in Southern California. Engine was put back in 2019 by certified Volvo tech. Its a amd41p. 5500 hours, new oil pan, turbo and many more. Full tower. Upstairs helm. I'm curious if the interest in these boats and what it might be worth. I'm away right now and will post pictures soon.

Whalebone

Reaction score
I have a 1998 diesel parker in Southern California. Engine was put back in 2019 by certified Volvo tech. Its a amd41p. 5500 hours, new oil pan, turbo and many more. Full tower. Upstairs helm. I'm curious if the interest in these boats and what it might be worth. I'm away right now and will post pictures soon.

Attachments

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty rare bird. We'll definitely need more pictures and info on equipment, electronics, performance, fuel and engine data... there's a lot of variables.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In general I love Diesel engines; our last two boats had Diesels, and to me they were much simpler to maintain than the new four-stroke outboards. But, I prefer direct, shaft-drives instead of I/O...
Like Pelagic mentioned, I too would love to know the performance information; Cruise speed? Mpg? Gph?

mastersquid

Reaction score
I’m also interested in burn rate numbers and pricing I have a similar rig to yours I’m working on 1990 2520mv with 41a how’s that boat do offshore?

Mpellet

Reaction score
In general I love Diesel engines; our last two boats had Diesels, and to me they were much simpler to maintain than the new four-stroke outboards. But, I prefer direct, shaft-drives instead of I/O...
Like Pelagic mentioned, I too would love to know the performance information; Cruise speed? Mpg? Gph?
I’d love to see Parker build a 2820 with an appropriately sized diesel inboard. Price point would probably be pushing $300K with electronics but it would be a sight to behold.........

Latest posts