2000 21se fuel tank replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use more hose to reduce the chances of kinking. Hopefully you installed the hoses before the deck went on.
That's what we did. In the middle photo above in the update I posted today at the top of the photo is the the vent line laid in with a radius. The fuel line is laid on the outside of the vent line giving it a substantial radius. And yes, it was done prior to laying the deck back on. Thanks for the thoughts.

For the reversed fitting, I would give the fill hose a wide radius bend so the fuel doesn’t back up when filling. It would be better to turn the fitting 180 degrees but I believe it will work as is, just not as well. The vent will work without an issue, make sure the hose doesn’t kink or pinch.
Thanks for the input. I get what your saying. In the middle photo of the update I posted today at the top of the photo is the the vent line laid in with a radius. The fuel line is laid on the outside of the vent line giving it a substantial radius. But as you can see in the 3rd photo the deck is down.

Had them build it with 1/4' thick Aluminum

Damn! That thing will be heavy! Considering the stock tank is 1/8in.
We have them built out of 3/16.....

Coal Tar Epoxy
Lag it in
4lb density closed cell foam
Foam trimmed flush with top of tank
Fiberglassed from side of coffin overlapping tank

Limber hole installed even with top of tank to drain to bilge.

Question for Warthog. Should that limber hole be under the fiberglass overlap or over it?

Damn! That thing will be heavy! Considering the stock tank is 1/8in.
We have them built out of 3/16.....

Coal Tar Epoxy
Lag it in
4lb density closed cell foam
Foam trimmed flush with top of tank
Fiberglassed from side of coffin overlapping tank

Limber hole installed even with top of tank to drain to bilge.
Thank you!

ON top.....You want Any moisture / water that accumulates on top of the tank to drop into the bilge......The fiberglass is to keep any moisture out of the foam,

UPDATE:
Test fitted new tank, installed and replaced deck. Glass work and Deck Gelcoat to be done this week and next. Then on to reassembling console etc.
How did you support the deck after cutting it out. Looks like some of the deck was cut over the stringers and some to the edge. I am going to be taking on this project this fall..

How did you support the deck after cutting it out. Looks like some of the deck was cut over the stringers and some to the edge. I am going to be taking on this project this fall..
Sorry for the delay in answering but I've been out of country doing what I enjoy doing!
Anyhow, I really don't have a good answer for you. When the deck was replaced I was away and don't have the info you asked for. For what it's worth I can tell you the replaced deck is rock solid!

I'll take a stab at it. There are 2 ways I've seen it done.
One way is to glue and screw ledger boards to the existing stringers.
The other way is to trim back the old floor to expose 1/2 the width of the stringers.

Back