2004 23se fuel sending unit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponr

Reaction score
Has anyone replace a sending unit on these? Looks like a pain. due to age I’m afraid to loosen the bolts not sure if Itls seized. I head a guy at work say you be careful as there maybe river nut underneath. He had a few stripped threads.

Anyone know what type of insert they used for the sending unit?

Unsure what you mean by insert. Assuming you can get the screws out in good order and your wiring is good, swapping out a sender is about a 6 min job. I just did it. I bought a KUS sender as they are great quality. Moeller brand is recommended by Warthog on this forum too. (and he knows his stuff) Even if some of your screws are stripped, its easy enough to get them out then put in another self tapping oversize screw. Prob. the best you can do as you cannot put a nut on the inside of the tank.

Take out the screws and deal with the broken, stripped one if needed. Work the screws/bolts back and forth if they feel questionable. Once removed measure for the correct length and use a reed style in the correct ohm scale.
Note: the 5-holes are not evenly spaced.
1659811933582.png

Back