2005 2120 good boat?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on an 05 2120 with 200 yamaha 4s. Boat is pretty bare bone beside your basic radio and a GPS/fish finder and radio. All stock and not even a rod holder owner had it in dry storage most of its life. No bottom paint and very clean for 2005.

Coming from a 1995 striper 2150. Got the pilot house since now wire and 2 kids tag along. Good boat for the family?!

Just pulled the trigger on an 05 2120 with 200 yamaha 4s. Boat is pretty bare bone beside your basic radio and a GPS/fish finder and radio. All stock and not even a rod holder owner had it in dry storage most of its life. No bottom paint and very clean for 2005.

Coming from a 1995 striper 2150. Got the pilot house since now wire and 2 kids tag along. Good boat for the family?!
Congrats on your 2120 Parker, and welcome to ClassicParker! Send us some pictures!
And, just some unsolicited advice; I don't know your wife, but I'm guessing she might get offended if she finds out you are on a well-known, public boat-blog, referring to her as a 'wire'. ☺.. (geeez, I'm sorry; I couldn't help myself).

Last edited:
Congrats on your 2120 Parker, and welcome to CP! We all like to see pictures too!
Just some unsolicited advice; I don't know your wife, but she might get offended if she finds out you are on a boat-blog, referring to her as a 'wire'. ☺.. (sorry, I couldn't help myself).
Haha fat singers typing on the tiny phone screens.

Only reason I get the new boat is she's coming along lol

Congrats on your 2120 Parker, and welcome to ClassicParker! Send us some pictures!
And, just some unsolicited advice; I don't know your wife, but I guessing she might get offended if she finds out you are on a well-known, public boat-blog, referring to her as a 'wire'. ☺.. (geeez, I'm sorry; I couldn't help myself).
Check out Andy's videos on Youtube, they have been incredibly helpful for us! He has a 2520, but many of his videos are scalable!

Andy, what's your channel name?

There's another guy I watch "on the reef"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-174023_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-174023_Facebook.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210227-180223_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-180223_Facebook.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 64
Andy, what's your channel name?

There's another guy I watch "on the reef"
My Youtube channel is 'Andrew F Yakim'. That will take you to the 'home' page where over 200 short, very basic videos are posted. (Or just 'search' Parker 2520 on Youtube, and some will pop up).... They are almost all of our Parker 2520, but also have videos of other Parkers. When I see a Parker boat out on the water, I take a video, and post it! Thank you for asking, and thank you for watching them!

Congrats! I had a 2003 2120 last season, I sold it this fall for $23k, very similar set up to yours, f200 etc. boat and motor had 800 hours.

it’s a great boat to take the family out on when the water is calm. In my experience it was pretty bad in any kind of sea. Rolls quite a bit on the drift and pounds in a head sea. If anyone in your crew is prone to sea sickness, being in that cabin rather than on deck with fresh air etc will make it much worse. I would take people out who were fine on center consoles but would get sick from the Parker and I think it’s due to being in an enclosed cabin.

its a really great all around boat, no other 21’ boat offers so much flexibility.

Congrats! I had a 2003 2120 last season, I sold it this fall for $23k, very similar set up to yours, f200 etc. boat and motor had 800 hours.

it’s a great boat to take the family out on when the water is calm. In my experience it was pretty bad in any kind of sea. Rolls quite a bit on the drift and pounds in a head sea. If anyone in your crew is prone to sea sickness, being in that cabin rather than on deck with fresh air etc will make it much worse. I would take people out who were fine on center consoles but would get sick from the Parker and I think it’s due to being in an enclosed cabin.

its a really great all around boat, no other 21’ boat offers so much flexibility.

Wow 23k? Wish I knew, paid much more for mine, by the time I add a windlass and electronics I'll be in the low to mid 30's.

The 2120 is a battlewagon. One of the toughest 21' boats on their. Very capable. Congrats. You will love that boat. The 200 hp motor is a good choice. Enjoy!

I started asking 29k for mine, and got so many people that just wanted a ride, or people asking me if I’d take 15k for it etc etc. selling a boat is a pretty terrible process, so after 5 weeks on the market I just took the 23k to be done with it.

Back