2005 2520scxl 250hp Yamaha repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with Antidote above. My twin 200's offer excellent maneuverability at the dock without ever touching the wheel. I have three blade props and top out at about 51 mph, that's on a 2520 XLD deep vee hull. Sweet spot around 3500 - 3600 rpms, around 27 mph and 2.3 mpg's. I LOVE my twin 200's!

Cap'n Dan

I totally agree with Antidote above. My twin 200's offer excellent maneuverability at the dock without ever touching the wheel. I have three blade props and top out at about 51 mph, that's on a 2520 XLD deep vee hull. Sweet spot around 3500 - 3600 rpms, around 27 mph and 2.3 mpg's. I LOVE my twin 200's!

Cap'n Dan
For this, and other reasons, the twin 200's are nice!

Here's my actual (not based on my old feeble memory) numbers from this weekend. Sweet spot 3800 rpms, 26 knots (29.9 mph), 12.5 gph & 2.4 mpg. Still love my twin 200's.

Cap'n Dan

Attachments

• 20210410_105403.jpg
    20210410_105403.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210410_105347.jpg
    20210410_105347.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Here's my actual (not based on my old feeble memory) numbers from this weekend. Sweet spot 3800 rpms, 26 knots (29.9 mph), 12.5 gph & 2.4 mpg. Still love my twin 200's.

Cap'n Dan
Dan, This is a good endorsement for the twin 200's over the single 300 (like ours)...
At the same speed (right around 30 mph), you are running 3800 rpm's (us around 4200-4300).
You're using 12.5 gph (us around 14.5) and you get 2.4 mpg (us around 2.0 - 2.2)... And, the better dock-side maneuverability is a big plus. Some folks may not be aware that the Armstrong Bracket, with all its positive attributes, makes for harder close-in maneuverability, especially with a single engine....
The only downside I've mentioned before (yes, TOO many times ☺), is the extra maintenance; sounds to me, that might be a worth-while trade off, especially for the maneuverability.

Yes I4 200XCAs which are fly by wire and the hull is an XLD which is a deep V. Swapping out the props made a big difference in lifting the transom. The PropTech lowered my planning speed to about 14 MPH and decreased my fuel burn at cruise. I can now do a full power start without trim tabs and never loose sight of the horizon. The only down side (if you consider it a down side) is I lost about 2 MPH at WOT. Top picture is three blade Yamaha props. Bottom picture four blade PropTech props. I'm not sure why you would think it would handle better with a single verses twins. around the dock I rarely touch the wheel. I maneuver the boat like a skid steer with the throttles.

View attachment 28345View attachment 28344

I wanted better torque, better hole shot, and lower planning speed as well with my I-4 Yamaha 200s on my 2501. I flipped out the factory Yamaha three blades for Solas SS 4 blades. Wow! What a difference. Yes I lost about three mph off the top end but my engines are so much better now in so many ways. Cruise speed is effortless, hole shot is incredible. Plus, with my four blades I actually get up to around 5900 RPM at full throttle. My three blades I can only get up to about 53 to 5400. prob slightly overpropped from the factory. (?fuel Econ?). My bow barely moves when I give it full throttle now and no trim tabs to get on plane. It’s fantastic. I can have a heavy load and cruise in without any issues keeping speed or keeping on plane. In short it’s made it a different boat. I won’t ever go back to three blades with my set up.

I wanted better torque, better hole shot, and lower planning speed as well with my I-4 Yamaha 200s on my 2501. I flipped out the factory Yamaha three blades for Solas SS 4 blades. Wow! What a difference. Yes I lost about three mph off the top end but my engines are so much better now in so many ways. Cruise speed is effortless, hole shot is incredible. Plus, with my four blades I actually get up to around 5900 RPM at full throttle. My three blades I can only get up to about 53 to 5400. prob slightly overpropped from the factory. (?fuel Econ?). My bow barely moves when I give it full throttle now and no trim tabs to get on plane. It’s fantastic. I can have a heavy load and cruise in without any issues keeping speed or keeping on plane. In short it’s made it a different boat. I won’t ever go back to three blades with my set up.
I considered trading my 23DVCC for a 25DVCC a few years ago. I called the factory and inquired about mounting a Yamaha 350 on the 25 DVCC, they said their test boat with that engine did not perform properly and they would not equip that model with a single 350hp

Suzukis- 2801 CC - Twin DF250s. 1200 hrs. No issues. Just normal recommended maintenance. DYI friendly. Less expensive parts. Timing chain, not a belt. The list goes on.

I considered trading my 23DVCC for a 25DVCC a few years ago. I called the factory and inquired about mounting a Yamaha 350 on the 25 DVCC, they said their test boat with that engine did not perform properly and they would not equip that model with a single 350hp

Interesting. Weight? It’s not heavier than 2 four cylinders. Good thing since that 350 is a pain in the butt. I’m surprised it is still in production. I think the new 425 on the back of the 25 or the 28 would be sweet. But I love having 2 engines if nothing else for the maneuverability.

Interesting. Weight? It’s not heavier than 2 four cylinders. Good thing since that 350 is a pain in the butt. I’m surprised it is still in production. I think the new 425 on the back of the 25 or the 28 would be sweet. But I love having 2 engines if nothing else for the maneuverability.
I questioned the Parker rep quite throughly for an explanation and he would not specify why, he was somewhat evasive. I suggested single engine torque?, should not porpoise as you said less weight than 2 twins. The counter rotating twins balance the weight and the torque vs a heavy single on the centerline.

Back