2005 Parker 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truesdell

Reaction score
My 2530 lived for several years in Florida where it sat unused for more than a decade.
A guy trailered it to Washington State where I found it on Craig's List after looking for over a year.
The Yamaha F150 engines had less than 400 hours and that was a big part of what drew me to the boat.

Baking in the Florida sun for 14 years meant that every rubber and plastic part was hardened and cracked.
I replaced the plastic thru-hulls with stainless, got new seals on the SeaStar cylinder, replaced the deck
fresh/salt-water hose down, replaced the VHF antenna, replaced the broken stern/anchor light, replaced
the rusted-out interior lights with LEDs, replaced the corroded Perko pilothouse door latch and sink
faucet/spout, and many more fixes which had been ignored for 15 years.

I'm not big on fishing but I do have a couple of crab pots. I use the boat for conducting sailboat races
(Race Committee.) The 2 flags are the RC flag and code flag Lima which is defined in the racing rules
as "Come within hail," so we can check the boats in before beginning the starting sequence. I replaced 4
30º rod holders with vertical to serve as flag holders.

volunteer_on_station.jpg
Volunteer_name_02_988px.jpg

Back