2006 21 SE - Seat and Pedestal Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmorseschindler

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2006 21 SE with a flawless F150 Yamaha (175 hrs). Absolutely love the simplicity of the boat so far. I live in the Clearwater, FL area and it's perfect for running around the islands, fishing and generally putzing around. As has been covered a million times, trim tabs are definitely a necessity for this boat in any sort of chop.

As you can see, the boat has pedestal seats. The white nylon gibs are long gone and as a result the seats slide all over the place and generally aren't very secure. I tried buying gibs and stupidly ordered the wrong size because I assumed it was standard for these (bonehead assumption). I still need to find the correct part for these, which has not been easy.

But my question now is what have people done in terms of fully replacing the seats and the sliders? Is there a model out there that is more comfortable and better quality? Also - has anyone put in a replacement leaning post that worked especially well? Ideally would like something that I can pop onto the existing pedestals.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

DMS

Attachments

• IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Once you figure out a plan, I am interested in you existing seat buckets and cushions.

Back