2014 25 SE bilge pump float switch replacement.

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

warthog5

Reaction score
Yes......There is a Fuse @ the Battery that feeds power to the Float switch.
What this does is.....When your Master Switch is OFF.....Power is still @ the Float switch.

I like the Rule A Matic Plus float switches better. They have the cage around them.

Big Papa

Reaction score
Yes......There is a Fuse @ the Battery that feeds power to the Float switch.
What this does is.....When your Master Switch is OFF.....Power is still @ the Float switch.

I like the Rule A Matic Plus float switches better. They have the cage around them.
Found the fuse at battery (10amp) it was corroded. Clean up & put new fuse in but still doesn’t work. I should be able to short those two wires going to switch to test, correct?

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the fuse at battery (10amp) it was corroded. Clean up & put new fuse in but still doesn’t work. I should be able to short those two wires going to switch to test, correct?
You shouldn’t need to short it. If you put a new fuse in and it didn’t blow, you’ve already “shorted” it (as in, completed that segment of the circuit) with the fuse. So your problem exists elsewhere. If the fuse holder itself is corroded, you may need to replace it in order to get a good connection. Otherwise, check the connections where the float switch wire joins the pump wiring, and whether or not there are and existing splices in the wire from the battery. If you have a multimeter, test your old switch (in the “up” position) for continuity. That should help you determine whether or not the old switch was your problem in the first place.

warthog5

Reaction score
What Pelagic said.....I dab fuse terminals with diaelectric grease before install.

Your not getting Power to the pump.....via the Float switch part of the circuit.

The fact that the pump runs via the ON/OFF switch proves a Good GND.

That part of the circuit with the fuse.....Goes from Battery + thru fuse......Then to one of the float switch wires....The other wire coming out of float switch couples to the feed from the ON/OFF switch @ the pump's Brown Hot feed wire.

When float switch is UP....completes circuit to pump.

Kendall Brown

Reaction score
Check that the fused power wire really goes to the + battery, for some reason mine came wired to the load side of the battery switch. I moved it over to the battery.
Check the ground wire for corrosion as well, it will be going to a common terminal block. A high resistance ground will keep it from turning on. Also check any inline splices for corrosion.B9ABA840-E7D1-418E-A7A0-1D1DF6219745.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts