• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2014 Parker 2520XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you please tell me the performance you're getting with a 300hp on the 2520DV hull?
Hi John, my usual 'cruise' speed is 30-32 mph, at 4200-4400 rpm's, which yields 2.0 - 2.2 miles per gallon. This varies a bit with sea-conditions, strong head-winds (slower), strong tail-winds faster. Also, since it's a planing hull, weight plays a big role. I try to keep the boat as light as possible (for example; usually keeping only 100 gallons of gas onboard, and only filling to 200 when going on longer runs).
I meant to add; the top speed, under ideal conditions was 44 mph. I never run this fast. I did it a couple times just see what it would do.

Last edited:
Cruse is 4500 rpm , 30 mph , and 16 gph . Wot is 44 mph.

I THOUGHT it was 2018...but, clearly something else was going on a lot sooner.... maybe was going to introduce it 5 years earlier, pumped out a boat or two and then went back to the original transom. This particular 2520 w/ the "classic white" and new transom is unlike any I've ever seen. It fascinates me.... and I really want it!
That was my assumption too, 17 or 18 somewhere around there. Having a hard time wrapping my head around it but when I researched it more I found 2014 and 2013 2520’s with the transom door. Not sure about the color though

That was my assumption too, 17 or 18 somewhere around there. Having a hard time wrapping my head around it but when I researched it more I found 2014 and 2013 2520’s with the transom door. Not sure about the color though
If memory serves me correctly, there was a 2014 2520 here on ClassicParker with the light blue hull, and bright white uppers. If so, maybe they will chime in here.... (In the 'good-ol-days, Robbin would have popped up, with the facts!)

I don't know for certain when the changes took place. (just 'know' what others told me ☺). The original owner told us that our 2013/2014 was "one of the last boats with the 'Parker white' colors". That didn't mean much to me, as I didn't know much about Parkers, and didn't know that there was, or was going to be other color options. With that said, it must be that they started offering the new color options in early-to-mid-2014. At that time, knowing little about Parker boat histories, I thought the 200 gallon gas tank and transom door was a standard feature on all the Parker 25's. I just didn't know enough, to know anything differently.... When word got out around here that we decided to 'swallow the anchor' on our cruising boats, and were looking for a fishing boat (I wanted to learn how to fish, and thought getting a 'fishing-boat' would be a good step in the right direction!) a lot of friends and neighbors recommended I look at Parkers; they came highly recommended... and after 4 years of running ours, I know why!
I googled a couple 2013 and 2014 2520’s and they too had the transom door. My 2012 2320 is the yellowish off white without a transom door. I concur with you about these pilot house parkers. I moved up from a NR Seahawk that I loved because my buddy had an 06’ 2320 with new power f300 and it was a lot more boat for a similar price tag

If memory serves me correctly, there was a 2014 2520 here on ClassicParker with the light blue hull, and bright white uppers. If so, maybe they will chime in here.... (In the 'good-ol-days, Robbin would have popped up, with the facts!)

um, no she wouldn't have. She was a horrible communicator: That is Parker's biggest downfall : they SUCK at customer service. Robin, Eric, Lynwood, all of them. I stopped calling them. And the dealers? They know absolutely nothing about the hulls. The best form of communication about our boats are each other: This forum, parker boat owners, parker boat group on facebook, etc.. The dealers and the factory have one goal: pump out boats. They could give two rats tails about the consumer...pisses me off just talking about it.

Last edited:
um, no she wouldn't have. She was a horrible communicator: That is Parker's biggest downfall : they SUCK at customer service. Robbin, Eric, Lynwood, all of them. I stopped calling them. And the dealers? They know absolutely nothing about the hulls. The best form of communication about our boats are each other: This forum, parker boat owners, parker boat group on facebook, etc.. The dealers and the factory have one goal: pump out boats. They could give two rats tails about the consumer...pisses me off just talking about it.
Didn't mean to get your blood in a boil!! ☺ I'm relatively new to CP compared to you long-timers, but I remember seeing Robbin posting comments in the archives; mostly to answer factory-related questions, like this paint-color topic. It seems a lot of the ClassicParker folks here spoke highly of her; I have no personal experience with her; just what I've see here on CP.... I agree the Parker factory could have much better customer service; maybe that will improve with the new ownership. I tried to get a factory tour 4 years ago when in the market for a new Parker; at that time, the only way to get a factory tour was through the local dealer; that process became a Cluster-Screw-Up. The local dealer was the worst I've ever dealt with. Our last two boats, we bought new; both from dealers; one in Cos Cob CT, the other in Deltaville Va. Both were fairly good experiences; so I'm in the habit of buying new boats)... I tried to buy a new Parker, and was told I had to go to the one dealer in-my-area; which was that one 'closest-to-factory' Parker dealer. They are a nearly five hour round trip from my home. The first time there, I could not even find someone to talk to me. Yes they were open. I roamed their lot and showroom for two hours. A guy walked by, I was in the showroom, in the cockpit of the boat. I asked him if there was anyone around that could help me. Without stopping or even looking my way he said, I'll send someone over. No body ever came. I went home and started shopping for used Parkers. Found a great one up in Northern Neck Virginia.... I did go back to 'that' dealer to give him another try. The second experience was worse than the first. Maybe I'll tell you about it, if you need a good laugh!

Last edited:
Didn't mean to get your blood in a boil!! ☺ I'm relatively new to CP compared to you long-timers, but I remember seeing Robbin posting comments in the archives; mostly to answer factory-related questions, like this paint-color topic. It seems a lot of the ClassicParker folks here spoke highly of her; I have no personal experience with her; just what I've see here on CP.... I agree the Parker factory could have much better customer service; maybe that will improve with the new ownership. I tried to get a factory tour 4 years ago when in the market for a new Parker; at that time, the only way to get a factory tour was through the local dealer; that process became a Cluster-Screw-Up. The local dealer was the worst I've ever dealt with. Our last two boats, we bought new; both from dealers; one in Cos Cob CT, the other in Deltaville Va. Both were fairly good experiences; so I'm in the habit of buying new boats)... I tried to buy a new Parker, so was told I had to go to the one dealer in-my-area; which was that one 'closest-to-factory' Parker dealer. They are a nearly five hour round trip from my home. The first time there, I could not even find someone to talk to me. Yes they were open. I roamed their lot and showroom for two hours. A guy walked by, I was in the showroom, in the cockpit of the boat. I asked him if there was anyone around that could help me. Without stopping or even looking my way he said, I'll send someone over. No body ever came. I went home and started shopping for used Parkers. Found a great one up in Northern Neck Virginia.... I did go back to 'that' dealer to give him another try. The second experience was worse than the first. Maybe I'll tell you about it, if you need a good laugh!

man, oh man... that's about right. I know there are 3-4 Parker dealers on the Eastern seaboard and 1 on the california coastline that are amazing. But, the rest of them are just horrible. I have purchased 3 new parkers from the same dealership and one used Parker from a private seller. My 1st two experiences with this dealership were GREAT: my 2120 and my 1801. This past 2320 experience was just a disaster ( the dealership is under new management now ).
I will never step foot back in that dealership again. My 2320 is dreamy, I love it. But, the dealership ( and Parker marine) sure did screw a bunch of things up that I had to correct after the fact.

Well I can say that Robin personally sent me several pictures of my 2005 2520 during the build and personally invited me to the factory. I also got lots of parker merchandise shipped to me just after delivery. I met her in person while I owned my 2009 2520 and she was a wealth on information and truly cared. While awaiting splash of this boat I meet Linwood at the Boston boat show and we spoke for 30-40 min about these boats . He was so proud of the 25 DV as he should be ! Things may be different now but this interaction has kept me in a parker for the last 16 years ! Also, with all 3 2520's , not a single thing has gone wrong with any of them !!

Ps .. Parker, if your reading can you bring back the 2830 please. Then I will sell this boat !

Well I can say that Robin personally sent me several pictures of my 2005 2520 during the build and personally invited me to the factory. I also got lots of parker merchandise shipped to me just after delivery. I met her in person while I owned my 2009 2520 and she was a wealth on information and truly cared. While awaiting splash of this boat I meet Linwood at the Boston boat show and we spoke for 30-40 min about these boats . He was so proud of the 25 DV as he should be ! Things may be different now but this interaction has kept me in a parker for the last 16 years ! Also, with all 3 2520's , not a single thing has gone wrong with any of them !!

Ps .. Parker, if your reading can you bring back the 2830 please. Then I will sell this boat !
I never met any of the Parker people, but I too like our 2520... and lol, a NEW 2830 would get my attention!; but would require a couple basic, although important improvements.

Well I just came across my boat listed for sale for $160,000. A quick search again resulted the same. This market and economy are nuts and I couldn’t replace it if I sold it. However if somebody wants to fork over $160,000 well then she’s got to go ! Oh, and she’s been lift kept for last year and looks better now than she does in the picture.

Thank you kindly. The very very best my 2520DV does with my 250hp Ox66 is 1.5mpg, and that’s with 1/8th tank fuel and just 2 guys onboard. That’s at 24-25mph.

Hi John, my usual 'cruise' speed is 30-32 mph, at 4200-4400 rpm's, which yields 2.0 - 2.2 miles per gallon. This varies a bit with sea-conditions, strong head-winds (slower), strong tail-winds faster. Also, since it's a planing hull, weight plays a big role. I try to keep the boat as light as possible (for example; usually keeping only 100 gallons of gas onboard, and only filling to 200 when going on longer runs).
I meant to add; the top speed, under ideal conditions was 44 mph. I never run this fast. I did it a couple times just see what it would do.

Back