2015 2510 on order

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daydreamer

Reaction score
I am really fired up that I am moving up from my 2010 2310 Parker to a 2510. I was down at the factory to take a tour before the holiday and they really have things going down there. Looking at a few other boats like the Steiger I dont think there is a better deal for fishermen that are looking for an all seasons boat there there is with a Parker. They have made some nice improvements since I bought my 2310 new such as more standard equipment, redesigned transom area and a little nicer finish. The boat will not be ready until April or May which is fine for me since I will be able to finish up the fall fishing season this month and then sell my boat.

I am going to put a crows nest on top so that I can sight cast for cobia in the lower bay which I do not have on my current Parker. Currently I send my son up top and he only has the antena to hold on to. I am getting the F300 to power the XLD which I think will give me the power that I need.

I am going to figure out electronics over the next few months but I am leaning twards the Garmin units and most likely will get the Garmin radar as well.

My 2010 has been almost flawless with the only problem being a leaky seal in the Yamaha controls. I am thinking that this boat is going to be my last and then after this it will be my kids responsibility to start buying and maintaining the boats.

Congrats on the new boat !!! You took a factory tour and did not post one picture? If you saw a 2520 xld in production it might have been mine :shock: Did you enjoy the tour of the factory?

Daydreamer, just took delivery of a new 2015 2510 with twin 150's, ordered in July, took about 3 months for completion.
In the process of putting in electronics... going with Simrad 12" panels. I will splash in the Spring...can't wait!

Is your new boat at Don's Marine in Tiverton? If so my wife and I saw it about 10 days or so ago. It is beautiful!!

Thank you...wrapping up the electronics and installing of the 'house' battery. She will be christened "Eye Candy" in the spring!

Congratulations......We were there to look at a used 2510 and were blown away by the new features in your boat. The redesigned transom with the walk thru is a huge imptovement. My wife now wants to go new!! We have some serious thinking to do

I did see a number of boats in production inculding 2 34ft Parkers. Those are huge boats. I was amazed how large the factory was and the seem to need more room to meet increased demand. It looks like a very simple process to build a boat but very labor intensive. I was told they roll about 5 boats a week out of the factory.

If you have not taken a tour it is worth the time. You get to see the inside of the boats which helps explain how the boats can take such a beating.

I am looking forward to decking this thing out and slaying some cobia and flounder come May.

Pictures we need pictures :mrgreen:

I'm glad things worked out for you. I am going to wait till AC Boat Show here in Feb before I buy electronics. I was interested in the 1040 xs garmin and they should be dropping the price on these because they have new touch screen in 10&12" coming out after 2015.

Check out Blue Coral out of Pensacola Florida for you Cobia Tower. I dealt with Rowland. Very thorough and fair. I had some issues which were largely Parker's templates, and Rowland fixed them at no additional charge. Not his fault, but he made it right and wouldn't take any extra $$. There is some history here on this site on the topic last Dec. 2013. Good luck!

Back