2015 Parker 2310DV trailer weight rating

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstdcfire

Reaction score
Just purchased boat with 250 Yamaha, has closed transom, windless w/ bow pulpit and factory hardtop. I think fuel is 150 or 130, freshwater tank capacity I read was 10. Guy Im buying trailer from sells national trailers, he said I needed the 24-26 dual axel 7000# model with disc brakes on all axels. Trailer looks solid with frame under bunks and all aluminum with stainless hardware and wood bunks fore and aft. I was under the gun and didn’t have time for research but after looking see varying numbers. Hoping 7k is enough, thank you in advance for info. I searched archives but couldn’t duplicate everything for a good answer.B80784A4-13B9-41AC-86B9-F3B5ED0204D1.jpeg

24-26 dual axle 7000# model

That sounds correct....Why the longer trailer? You want a full length trailer....IE: The frame comes VERY close to the end of the transom. The Bracket will be cantilevered already.

7000lbs ? That would have 2- 3500lb axles......The 24-26 will have larger I beams than a trailer for a 23ftr.

BUT you need to know your weights.

7000 is TOTAL weight.....Trailer and boat......You need to know what the trailer weighs? I suspect close to 1200lbs.....What ever that is.....subtract that from 7000.......The number you come up with is the MAX carrying capacity. IE: No reserve!

Gas weighs 6lbs per gal aprox...........Freshwater weighs 8.2lbs per gal.

Note where the trailer frame ends in the pix....That was my 23 Mako custom built.

Attachments

• 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 2
That sounds correct....Why the longer trailer? You want a full length trailer....IE: The frame comes VERY close to the end of the transom. The Bracket will be cantilevered already.

7000lbs ? That would have 2- 3500lb axles......The 24-26 will have larger I beams than a trailer for a 23ftr.

7000 is TOTAL weight.....Trailer and boat......You need to know what the trailer weighs? I suspect close to 1200lbs.....What ever that is.....subtract that from 7000.......The number you come up with is the MAX carrying capacity. IE: No reserve!

Note where the trailer frame ends in the pix....That was my 23 Mako custom built.
Trailer frame ends just like the one in the picture.

7000 pound gross would give you a carrying capacity around 6200 or 6300. That is not enough with fuel and gear and some safety margin.

If you trailer only infrequently and short distances, then it will work. If you trailer often, longer distances, and at highway speeds you will not have as good an experience as you could with a more capable trailer.

Look for a trailer with 5200 pound axles for a gross weight of about 10k. A bonus would be 16 inch six lug wheels so you can have a wider range of tire choices, including light truck tires.

1158 on trailer weight

7000 pound gross would give you a carrying capacity around 6200 or 6300. That is not enough with fuel and gear and some safety margin.

If you trailer only infrequently and short distances, then it will work. If you trailer often, longer distances, and at highway speeds you will not have as good an experience as you could with a more capable trailer.

Look for a trailer with 5200 pound axles for a gross weight of about 10k. A bonus would be 16 inch six lug wheels so you can have a wider range of tire choices, including light truck tires.
Thinking I have numbers a little better figured out,
3700 boat
600 motor
819 full tank of fuel
80 on water if it’s 10 gallon tank
1158 on trailer shipping weight
6357 total
643 leftover for gear, would have liked to have a little more.

By that trailer weight estimate, you have a carrying capacity around 5850. With no gear you have about a 10% margin. With gear you are maxed out with zero margin.

Not enough capacity for me. My 23 DVCC sits on a trailer with two 5200 pound axles.

I would not consider 643lbs a good margin.

Why? How much does your ground tackle weigh? [Anchor, Chain, rope]
Boats accumulate weight as people own them.
People store stuff that they use.
Tackle......Especially the lead bucket. Deck chairs, electronics, BATTERIES... :)

I have seen under rated alum trailers in use......And I walked away shaking my head...

Where the web of the I beam meats the flange......The I beam was cracked.....Oh....and they were still using the trailer.

With YOUR numbers......I'd want to see 8000lb capacity......That number is not a norm. When the axles are stepped up......5000 or 6200lbs......Physically they look the same...It's what ever Dexter rates them at. Those will be a 6 lug hub....and will run larger bearings than a 3500lb axle........The size of the I beam will get larger also.
As to the 16in tires...your choice....But I'd probably opt for 15's.

You do Want......Posi Lube spindles another name is Sure Lube. You do NOT want Bearing Buddies!
Learn and understand the difference.... The fast ID of them are the small rubber caps in the hub cap.

Reactions: Efx
To add.......Infact....When replacing bearings and a Posi Lube system.
I assy. them dry....Have the tire off the ground a inch or so.....Plug my air powered grease gun in [saves your hand pumping] and turn the tire while pumping grease....If you have ever seen a bearing packer in a automotive shop......it packs bearings the same way.
Grease will fill everything.....when full it will fill the hub cap space....You will need to remove a little to get the rubber cap on.....Carefull ! The tendancy is to stick your finger in there and wipe it out......That sharp cap where the plug goes in WILL cut your finger very nicely.

Reactions: Efx
Just purchased boat with 250 Yamaha, has closed transom, windless w/ bow pulpit and factory hardtop. I think fuel is 150 or 130, freshwater tank capacity I read was 10. Guy Im buying trailer from sells national trailers, he said I needed the 24-26 dual axel 7000# model with disc brakes on all axels. Trailer looks solid with frame under bunks and all aluminum with stainless hardware and wood bunks fore and aft. I was under the gun and didn’t have time for research but after looking see varying numbers. Hoping 7k is enough, thank you in advance for info. I searched archives but couldn’t duplicate everything for a good answer.View attachment 34429
A nice looking boat.
I got the same 2310 DV WA this year, as well. The '14 model.

The Parker 2310 DVWA is 3,700, plus Yamaha 300 is ~700. – say 4,500#, total, plus full tank ~700? 5,400 #
Trailer ~ 1,400 #. Not sure the boat weight includes the hardtop and frame -- probably not.

I only trailer short, flat distances, so the GVWR doesn't bother me. But when I picked up the boat in the Spring -- p.u., sea trial and home port was ~400 miles -- not a problem.

Hope that helps,

Quick question -- I see you've got the windlass --- how do you like and it what model is it?

I'm thinking a winter project.

Best,

I have a very similar 2310. She has an old 200hp 2 stroke on a cut out transom, a 20hp 4 stroke kicker, two batteries and a 150 gal fuel tank. I do not have a fresh water tank, nor do I have a windless. I do have the same hard top and plenty of gear. I had a lighter rated trailer similar to what you are talking about getting and hated it. Being so close to the max capacity, I always had issues with the tires and bearings (thankfully, maintenance issues and worry….never being left on the highway). I do trailer my boat frequently and I frequently cover a lot of miles. This summer I bought a new trailer rated for 9,800lbs and could not be happier!! My trips are so much more relaxing and care free. It has two 5,200# torsion axles with vortex hubs, 2 sets of brakes and 15” - 6 lug tires. The torsion axles have smoothed out the ride way more than I ever would have imagined. Good luck and happy boating.

2F59D8DD-0854-4F8D-BD85-511533191C1D.jpeg

94D5626C-F978-4B1C-9072-B194FEA1F532.jpeg

A nice looking boat.
I got the same 2310 DV WA this year, as well. The '14 model.

The Parker 2310 DVWA is 3,700, plus Yamaha 300 is ~700. – say 4,500#, total, plus full tank ~700? 5,400 #
Trailer ~ 1,400 #. Not sure the boat weight includes the hardtop and frame -- probably not.

I only trailer short, flat distances, so the GVWR doesn't bother me. But when I picked up the boat in the Spring -- p.u., sea trial and home port was ~400 miles -- not a problem.

Hope that helps,

Quick question -- I see you've got the windlass --- how do you like and it what model is it?

I'm thinking a winter project.

Best,
I haven’t used it other than testing during sea trial. Lot of info on here from people who have extensive time using. I’m towing boat back from florida next week.

I have a very similar 2310. She has an old 200hp 2 stroke on a cut out transom, a 20hp 4 stroke kicker, two batteries and a 150 gal fuel tank. I do not have a fresh water tank, nor do I have a windless. I do have the same hard top and plenty of gear. I had a lighter rated trailer similar to what you are talking about getting and hated it. Being so close to the max capacity, I always had issues with the tires and bearings (thankfully, maintenance issues and worry….never being left on the highway). I do trailer my boat frequently and I frequently cover a lot of miles. This summer I bought a new trailer rated for 9,800lbs and could not be happier!! My trips are so much more relaxing and care free. It has two 5,200# torsion axles with vortex hubs, 2 sets of brakes and 15” - 6 lug tires. The torsion axles have smoothed out the ride way more than I ever would have imagined. Good luck and happy boating.

View attachment 34465

View attachment 34463
Ordered 10k trailer..

View attachment 34465

View attachment 34463
Ordered 10k trailer..

Ordered 10k trailer..

View attachment 34465

View attachment 34463
Ordered 10k trailer..

I would not consider 643lbs a good margin.

Why? How much does your ground tackle weigh? [Anchor, Chain, rope]
Boats accumulate weight as people own them.
People store stuff that they use.
Tackle......Especially the lead bucket. Deck chairs, electronics, BATTERIES... :)

I have seen under rated alum trailers in use......And I walked away shaking my head...

Where the web of the I beam meats the flange......The I beam was cracked.....Oh....and they were still using the trailer.

With YOUR numbers......I'd want to see 8000lb capacity......That number is not a norm. When the axles are stepped up......5000 or 6200lbs......Physically they look the same...It's what ever Dexter rates them at. Those will be a 6 lug hub....and will run larger bearings than a 3500lb axle........The size of the I beam will get larger also.
As to the 16in tires...your choice....But I'd probably opt for 15's.

You do Want......Posi Lube spindles another name is Sure Lube. You do NOT want Bearing Buddies!
Learn and understand the difference.... The fast ID of them are the small rubber caps in the hub cap.

Added 10k trailer.. Not sure on bearings. But will change out if they don’t have the right ones.. Spare tire will be mounted to a spare hub on side of trailer in the event I need to change one out, thought that was a good idea. Thank you for the help!!

Added 10k trailer.. Not sure on bearings. But will change out if they don’t have the right ones.. Spare tire will be mounted to a spare hub on side of trailer in the event I need to change one out, thought that was a good idea. Thank you for the help!!
Yep, you won’t regret either of those decisions. It is not cheap, but the piece of mind is nice. Safe travels

Back