2017 21 SE TRIM TAB REPLACEMENT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1721SE

Reaction score
The spot welds on the hinge (starboard side) trim tab let go and I need to replace it. These are bottom mounted recessed tabs that are not of the common variety. I was hoping someone here might have some info as to where I might find a replacement.
I am confident that with some good rivets and a skilled welder it might be repairable but I'd rather a new one.
Thanks in advance,
God Bless America

Thanks 585. The hinge took quite a beating. I've been working on it for quite a while. I was able, with some effort, to remove the bent hinge pin and have been straightening the knuckles. The tab appears to be perfect.
Good advice and will consider it.
Thanks

Am I right to assume this part might only be available through a Parker dealer?
A couple of local marinas and lots of internet searches are leading me to believe this
is a unique tab fabricated for Parker.
Thanks again for any help.

I have decided to have a local welder make the needed repairs.
There was what appeared to be rust on the surfaces where several of the spot welds seemed to have failed.
Would still like to investigate the cost and availability of a new tab assy. Apparently a special order part.
2017 Parker 21SE 150 Yamaha.
Lisa Watson at Lenco has been very helpful in finding the part # needed.
She responded by e-mail on Sunday (yes Sunday) with a drawing of the tab so that I might
compare to be sure it's the right one.
Lenco Part# 20879-001. Awaiting responses from 2 Lenco Distributors.
Thanks for all of the help. I'll keep you posted on how the repairs go.

Attachments

• LENCO TRIM TAB.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
No..Parker buys them from Lenco. I'd talk to Lenco,.
Yes, Lenco makes them. They're special order and must buy set. +/- $700 plus tax and delivery.
Had the one repaired. Will probably remove the other this winter and have it welded, as well.
Thanks

Just tabs.
Time frame on delivery was unobtainable.
The design is flawed as the spot welds that hold the hinge to the tab
corroded. They were small tack welds at the corners but I had the welder spot weld
the run a bead where the hinge and tab meet. If there are issues in the future I'll try and
use SS rivets in addition to the spot and bead welds.

Back