2019 Parker 23 SE with Yamaha 200 - enough power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wstandis

Reaction score
Any one on here have any experience with this setup? I currently have an 1801 with a 115 and there is no doubt it could use more power when there are more than 2 people on board. I am getting ready to place an order for a 2019 23 SE WITHOUT T Top

I have read interesting things about the Yamaha 200 engine when compared to the 150. Most threads say the 150 is more like a 165 and a 200 is more like a 180.

Most of the time it will be just 2 guys, but I want to make sure that the 200 on the SE will not be a total dog for those rare times where I have 8 people on board.

Alos with my current Parker 1801 & 115 I am able to pull skiers and tubers on a lake - I assume thee 23 SE / 200 will allow me to do this as well.

Thanks Guys.

CaptCoreyJoseph":ihofy3f0 said:
What prop are you currently running on your 115 and what are the performance numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock - I don't have the boat here to pull #'s

Needs at least a 250.

It sure is nice when you have More than enough power.

You hit it and it JUMPS out of the hole. Then you throttle back to it's Sweet spot and motor on.

With what your proposing....You Hit it and wait..........and wait........and wait......Then you pull it back a touch.

Your pretty much running the "Stem Winding Crap" out of it all the time.

You have No room to change.....Like adding camping gear or another couple.

Yes it will cost more........Yes it will have a Better resale value.......Yes when time to sell you will have more potential customers.

Low HP.....and people will pass it by......UNLESS.....They don't know anything about boats.

By the way....There are 2- 200HP Yamaha's. 4cyl 200 2.8L & 6cyl 200 3.3L

6cyl has more displacement....develops more torque.......Torque moves the boat.

I'd max it out. Do not think that less hp will necessarily deliver better economy either. I learned my lesson the hard (expensive) way. Good luck.

johnkn":3tvu5ln6 said:
I'd max it out. Do not think that less hp will necessarily deliver better economy either. I learned my lesson the hard (expensive) way. Good luck.

As John said.......and It will probably get worse mileage than with a Bigger motor in the Sweet spot.

A Clean Maxed out HP boat will always be at the top of the list when time to sell.

Have a friend that setup on a 2016 23' SE(light weight Yam 200). His has a T-Top. Boat tops out at 42mph. I have an 89 23' CCDV with a 2013 250hp Suzuki. Both boats run almost identical as far as cruise speed and WOT. We both have a family of four that we haul to the local islands on weekends and both boats run with ease. I think the lighter weight motor compensates for the reduced hp. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing the light weight 200hp if buying again.

I just completed my first season with 2017 23 SE w/F200XB(I4) TTop and the power is fine with me. I fish alone a lot or with one other person so I don't have experience with trying to pull skiers or more than two POB. I max out at 40mph/5500rpms, 30mph at 3700rpm(seems to be sweet spot)close to 4mpg. I've put nearly 800 miles on it since July 2cnd and averaged just under 4mpg. with only me on board most of the time. I bought a pre rigged boat and if I'd had the chance I probably gone with more horsepower. If you're going to pull skiers I'd go bigger than a 200. I really like the 23 SE. I drift fish a lot and the moderate dead rise makes it more stable and less tipsy. Rocking all day when trying to fish gets annoying after a while. Coming and going the DVs are great but once you're there I'd rather fish a MV.

I have the 23se with a 250 Yamaha 4-stroke. I’m glad I went with the larger engine. I get 3.8 mpg at 3300rpm running 30mph. At 4200rpm it’s about 2.8 mpg going 35mph. Wide open is 5500/5600 going right at 50mph. All of those numbers are with a full tank/95 gallons.

Back