2020 Model 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scleversey

Reaction score
Does anyone know the height of the 2020 Parker 1801 on the trailer (no T-top)...hoping to fit it in my garage and trying to make a winter storage decision.

if your asking the question wondering if you can put an 1801 in your standard-sized garage door, the answer is no.

if your asking the question wondering if you can put an 1801 in your standard-sized garage door, the answer is no.
A 'standard' garage door height is 7 feet. (and, the usable opening is about 3/4 " lower than that depending on how it was trimmed out). I have 3 garage doors; two of them are the 'standard' 7 feet tall, but I also have one that is 8' 4" tall; (special-ordered for a special need). Although 7' is the 'residential-home-standard', there are also 8', 9' and10' tall doors available, and any special order size imaginable. I'm not saying this, to suggest you could replace a 7' door with a taller one (duh! ☺). I'm saying this to recommend you measure your garage door to see which height you have.

Last edited:
Your picture is not that far off ;-)
I would really like to keep it inside this first winter - not pay for shrink wrap, be able to do a few small things to it during the off-season, etc. I did notice that the plexiglass shield has 6 standard Phillips-head screws and the bar has 6 single hex head bolts. Taking those off might buy me what I need....

Scleversey, my 2007 1801 is almost exactly 8' from floor to top of rail, sitting on a roller trailer, and trailer jack extended all the way (so the bow is fully raised up). As some others have mentioned a standard garage door is 7' High so I cant imagine how a 1801 Parker would fit. The other consideration is length. The overall length of my rig, trailer included is about 25' trailer (hitch to prop). Most "standard" garages are around 22-23 foot long.
I just built a garage and made sure the door was 9' tall so clearance isn't an issue when backing it in. The overall length is 32' giving me room in the back for a workbench to service the motor. Here are a few pictures ...

image0.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpeg

Scleversey, my 2007 1801 is almost exactly 8' from floor to top of rail, sitting on a roller trailer, and trailer jack extended all the way (so the bow is fully raised up). As some others have mentioned a standard garage door is 7' High so I cant imagine how a 1801 Parker would fit. The other consideration is length. The overall length of my rig, trailer included is about 25' trailer (hitch to prop). Most "standard" garages are around 22-23 foot long.
I just built a garage and made sure the door was 9' tall so clearance isn't an issue when backing it in. The overall length is 32' giving me room in the back for a workbench to service the motor. Here are a few pictures ...

View attachment 26703View attachment 26704View attachment 26706
You have a very happy boat !!

Back