2021 1801 build quality and accessories quality.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
I bought a new 2021 1801 back in December and it’s only been in the water for 5 months in a slip. I used the boat 3-4 times a week, with a wash down every time.
On the hinge of the console and hinges of all the compartments back aft port and stbd, there is rust forming. Not just surface rust but rust is running down the gunnel of the hull. I don’t understand. It’s a brand new boat! Also the bow hatch leaks like a sieve. Water in my bilge Every Time it rains. I know this is a common occurrence with new boats but not rust! I am unhappy with the quality of materials. The gauge of stainless steel on the accessories is very flimsy. I don’t blame anyone but quality control.
My friend has a Steiger craft and the boat is 15 years old and not one ounce of rust.
Also why isn’t the livewell molded into the console! I have a 2 inch gap that opens and when I am in rough water, water intrudes into the dry storage of the console.
Maybe I should of checked the boat out more before I bought it!?

anyway it’s a great riding boat and I have already put 980 miles on the gauge. Caught more fish on this boat than I have ever caught in my life in one season. Maybe I should write a letter with pictures to Parker? Maybe they won’t care but I’m sure they would like to see the quality of the accessories they are using. Maybe it’s all throughout the industry? All new boats?

I bought a new 2021 1801 back in December and it’s only been in the water for 5 months in a slip. I used the boat 3-4 times a week, with a wash down every time.
On the hinge of the console and hinges of all the compartments back aft port and stbd, there is rust forming. Not just surface rust but rust is running down the gunnel of the hull. I don’t understand. It’s a brand new boat! Also the bow hatch leaks like a sieve. Water in my bilge Every Time it rains. I know this is a common occurrence with new boats but not rust! I am unhappy with the quality of materials. The gauge of stainless steel on the accessories is very flimsy. I don’t blame anyone but quality control.
My friend has a Steiger craft and the boat is 15 years old and not one ounce of rust.
Also why isn’t the livewell molded into the console! I have a 2 inch gap that opens and when I am in rough water, water intrudes into the dry storage of the console.
Maybe I should of checked the boat out more before I bought it!?

anyway it’s a great riding boat and I have already put 980 miles on the gauge. Caught more fish on this boat than I have ever caught in my life in one season. Maybe I should write a letter with pictures to Parker? Maybe they won’t care but I’m sure they would like to see the quality of the accessories they are using. Maybe it’s all throughout the industry? All new boats?
You shouldn't have to do this but considering Parkers low quality stainless....clean it and coat with Fluid Film every couple of months. In regards to the livewell...I had a 2018 1801 and the livewell did not have a gap...water never leaked into the console. That sounds like a mfg defect. Parker should cover that under warranty...maybe your dealer can "glass" the gap at Parkers expense. Good Luck!

This is what I sent to Parker

Thank you for the help on this forum, greatly appreciated

Hello, I bought a 2021 1801 Parker in DEC 2020

After running the boat for 5 months I have noticed a few issues with the hull. The livewell is not fully molded to the console allowing for water intrusion while running. I spoke to someone with a 2018 1801 and they said they don’t have a gap between livewell and it’s fully molded. This is not the case with the 2021, while running the vessel water is intruding into the console and soaking everything with raw salt water. I am afraid this will lead to corrosion throughout the vessel. I can send pictures and video if need be. There is a 2 inch gap inside the console where the livewell is supposed to meet the console. Is there anyway the dealer can glass over this area. This seems like a manufacturers error. Thank you.

You should definitely give Parker a chance to make it right. Let us know what they say. My 2015 1801 is a hoss... no rust, but then I'm in fresh water.

Yeah I will. I’m sure they have been pumping out boats. I mean QC could of caught this easily.

You shouldn't have to do this but considering Parkers low quality stainless....clean it and coat with Fluid Film every couple of months. In regards to the livewell...I had a 2018 1801 and the livewell did not have a gap...water never leaked into the console. That sounds like a mfg defect. Parker should cover that under warranty...maybe your dealer can "glass" the gap at Parkers expense. Good Luck!

Thanks i sent them a note through their website. Parker not the dealer.

Junk build quality. Can’t even glass over the livewell. They used 5200 or something similar silicone to seal the livewell. I’ve had this problem since It’s been in the water-May 2021. Let’s see if Parker does the right thing and takes boat back and glasses it over.

Attachments

• 38D62EB0-DED7-438C-A3BB-1A878BD488E9.png
    38D62EB0-DED7-438C-A3BB-1A878BD488E9.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 141
  • DB8BED43-4ED3-4412-99B8-23B9F24F8896.jpeg
    DB8BED43-4ED3-4412-99B8-23B9F24F8896.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 133
  • B8FEBDDF-3C98-41A8-8A6A-0B9F847D8589.jpeg
    B8FEBDDF-3C98-41A8-8A6A-0B9F847D8589.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
  • EDF844C2-F1BA-4FD6-9C05-9F81D4070830.jpeg
    EDF844C2-F1BA-4FD6-9C05-9F81D4070830.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 131
Have you put in any warranty claims?

yes in the process of.
But why isn’t this glassed over to begin with?! Why is there 5200 or a silicone based glue inside the seam?

the new Parker’s aren’t made as well as they used to be. Ever since the old family sold the company. There’s a 2320 next to me in the marine where I keep my boat. His hatches don’t look and his live wells are glassed over.

Look I’ll give them a chance to make things right. It’s just frustrating it’s a brand new boat. All they talked about is their high Quality control standards. Somekk on be dropped the ball here.

Parker’s quality standards have decreased dramatically over the years. I wouldn’t consider a boat built after about 2016, but when they sold the company the first item of business was to increase profitability by decreasing manufacturing costs as much as possible and that has resulted in some huge oversights in design/construction and shoddy materials. Parker’s are just not the same boats anymore and not worthy of their once great reputation.

Everything is frustrating I have to rip out the new Brand new hatches and put my own made in America hatches?! The stainless steel cleats are rusting around the screws. The screws on the hinges are rusting.
I love the Boat don’t get me wrong but after only 7 months in the water there is rust. Come one buy some good quality parts. Cheap cheap company now. Look it’s not a 85k dollar boat. But still it’s a Parker. I should of did more homework.

I really hope they can make it right for you. It’s the best 18’ hull by far in my opinion, nice lines, so fishable, and big for its class.

I really do believe it is one of the best riding hulls out there. Due to its light weight and 115 hp motor it can really go over bigger waves nicer than some 21 boats I have been on. If you have the trim right she rides excellent. I was in 3-5s the other day and felt confident.
As of now Parker is looking for a “temporary solution until a permanent solution” can be found. No why wasn’t this glassed over to begin with? Why do older models have glassed in live wells? Do the job the right way the first time and I won’t have to drag the boat to the dealer 70 miles away. I want them to come to me and fix my boat. In all honesty my dealer should give me a new 1801 Parker in the meantime. Unfair. I fish hard. 3/4 nights a week I am fishing. 5200 isn’t going to cut it. Do the job right! Growing up Parker’s were invincible. Now what other corners are they cutting? I have noticed a lot of little things now that I have the boat.
Look hopefully they make the right move and glass it in. Time will tell. For all the people looking to buy a new 1801 Parker double check your livewell if it’s actually molded to the console. This is shoddy construction. For the 100th time why not glass it in in the first place? Oh yeah to save money. CHEAP

Back