2021 1801 build quality and accessories quality.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
Mistakes happen. They’re taking responsibility. That’s all you can ask.
yes I understand. I posted this so people can double check newer boats.All they talk about is quality control. Keep up the quality control and you won’t have this problem.
I love the boat. Put over 130 hours in 4 months. It’s a great simple layout and burns minimal fuel.

Antidote

Reaction score
OP. The two pieces of fiberglass that were supposed to be bonded by the adhesive never came to gather to bond. that can be seen from your picture of the rounded bead of adhesive. The fix is an easy one which is to fill the gap with sealant. I don't think it is and structural part. I found things with my new 2520 that happened because humans built it, by hand. That, to me is part of what makes Parkers desirable. It's not perfect; but, it's not the end of the world and it surely won't make you boat any less safe.

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
OP. The two pieces of fiberglass that were supposed to be bonded by the adhesive never came to gather to bond. that can be seen from your picture of the rounded bead of adhesive. The fix is an easy one which is to fill the gap with sealant. I don't think it is and structural part. I found things with my new 2520 that happened because humans built it, by hand. That, to me is part of what makes Parkers desirable. It's not perfect; but, it's not the end of the world and it surely won't make you boat any less safe.
look I understand it was human error. It’s no big deal. It’s not the end of the world.

Roccus

Reaction score
I'm not aware of the manufacturing issues.. can you please share what the issues are?
crooked pilot houses, rusting hardware, cracked transoms, rotten cores from factory installed hardware not being bedded properly, fuel tanks corroding/leaking after a few seasons, stringers and decking not properly encapsulated and water proof etc etc. I know all mass manufacturers have boats come off the line with issues, but parker has been doing a great job of trashing their own name in the last few years.

The boats from the 90s and 2000s are still amazing though aside from maybe fuel tank issues after 20 years, which is basically a wear item at that point.

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
crooked pilot houses, rusting hardware, cracked transoms, rotten cores from factory installed hardware not being bedded properly, fuel tanks corroding/leaking after a few seasons, stringers and decking not properly encapsulated and water proof etc etc. I know all mass manufacturers have boats come off the line with issues, but parker has been doing a great job of trashing their own name in the last few years.

The boats from the 90s and 2000s are still amazing though aside from maybe fuel tank issues after 20 years, which is basically a wear item at that point.
such bullshit.I knew it was too good to be true. I guess you get what you pay for. I’ll run it one more season and mov up to a better boat. I don’t want to be out in some shitty weather and my transom cracks off.

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
Let this be known to all people looking to buy a new parker. CHECK everything. I

MartyL

Reaction score

That's quite a list! Is this stuff you heard of on the internet or do you have first hand experience with this? Can you point me to the source of the info? I have seen the story about the guy with the crooked pilot house that turned out to be something he wanted.. Thanks.

Beanctr

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had my 2021 1801 for about a year and have about 130 hours on it. I am very happy with the boat and have no issues. My boat lives in the water (brackish) and I have had none of the above issues. R

1801snubaroo

Reaction score
I have had my 2021 1801 for about a year and have about 130 hours on it. I am very happy with the boat and have no issues. My boat lives in the water (brackish) and I have had none of the above issues. R
okay cool. It’s frustrating but I don’t mean to say the boats a piece of shit because it’s not. Not trying to jump the gun here. I love it . It’s gets me a lot of different places and I can fish nearshore and then be in the backbay In 2 feet of water no problem.