2021 1801 build quality and accessories quality.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do believe it is one of the best riding hulls out there. Due to its light weight and 115 hp motor it can really go over bigger waves nicer than some 21 boats I have been on. If you have the trim right she rides excellent. I was in 3-5s the other day and felt confident.
As of now Parker is looking for a “temporary solution until a permanent solution” can be found. No why wasn’t this glassed over to begin with? Why do older models have glassed in live wells? Do the job the right way the first time and I won’t have to drag the boat to the dealer 70 miles away. I want them to come to me and fix my boat. In all honesty my dealer should give me a new 1801 Parker in the meantime. Unfair. I fish hard. 3/4 nights a week I am fishing. 5200 isn’t going to cut it. Do the job right! Growing up Parker’s were invincible. Now what other corners are they cutting? I have noticed a lot of little things now that I have the boat.
Look hopefully they make the right move and glass it in. Time will tell. For all the people looking to buy a new 1801 Parker double check your livewell if it’s actually molded to the console. This is shoddy construction. For the 100th time why not glass it in in the first place? Oh yeah to save money. CHEAP
That’s very disappointing. I have an 04 1801 that has barely any rust on the hinges. I clean the rust seasonally with rust remover and it stays pretty rust free for the most part. I do get occasional rust from the cheaper quality stainless they use on some newer items like a helm wheel and screws. It seems the older hulls maybe finished a bit better although should be identical in how they are constructed, I would hope. Like anything nowadays I’d assume it’s all about the bottom line. If you do consider selling and changing into something different look at pair customs originally sea ox. Brian pair build and Incredible heavy glassed hull and the attention to detail is uncanny. It’s a semi custom boat selling for far less than these larger production manufacturers. Honestly when I’m ready to part with my 1801, which I love dearly I will not buy a new Parker considering the quality control and loss of pride. Pair marine is building incredible hulls in all sizes and deadrises. The 21 mod vee is an absolute stunner. I hate to say it but Parker’s aren’t what they used to be. The classic Parker is still untouchable in its construction, appearance and quality. Best of luck and sorry to hear such disappointing things on a new boat

This is really disconcerting I have a 2022 1801 on order no idea when it will be here I’m really looking forward to it but after reading your post I’m very fearful

As I wrote on this forum several years ago fittings since 2000s Parker has been using are Chinese pos. My best fittings were on my 1990 1800. Same apply to build quality an resins Parker is using due to economic reasons and EPA regulations.

As I wrote on this forum several years ago fittings since 2000s Parker has been using are Chinese pos. My best fittings were on my 1990 1800. Same apply to build quality an resins Parker is using due to economic reasons and EPA regulations.
I don’t think this is limited to Parker I think it’s all manufactures

Labor shortages have been a problem the last few years or so, covid didn’t help anything. Probably all companies are experiencing quality problems.

All the glass work on my 2016 in near perfect. But I’m battling rust on my hardware.
I want to replace it but I was already sold “316” so I don’t want to unknowing buy some shit Chinese knock off and be in the same position in another couple of years.

Don’t be so quick to knock Parker’s and assume other companies aren’t experiencing problems. Most boat owners are relatively quite about their boat problems. I was on a Steiger Facebook page and they have their share of issues, I live near a boat factory that is in direct competition with Parker, and know of their issues.

No such thing as perfect. Although some things are inexcusable.

Don’t be so quick to knock Parker’s and assume other companies aren’t experiencing problems. Most boat owners are relatively quite about their boat problems. I was on a Steiger Facebook page and they have their share of issues, I live near a boat factory that is in direct competition with Parker, and know of their issues.

No such thing as perfect. Although some things are inexcusable.
I too am surprised to see some ClassicParker folks quick to toss Parkers 'under-the-bus'....
For one example, I live near the Grady-White factory, and I frequent the Grady-White sites and blogs. I have countless friends who own every type/size/year of Grady's since the 1970's, and I have worked on countless Grady's; they too have all, and more, of the same issues (s/s rust. fuel tank problems) that Parker and every boat manufacture has, and with the Grady's there are many more issues/problems that Parkers do NOT have)...
Our 2013/2014 Parker 2520 XLD has no/none/ZERO hardware rust/corrosion issues. (Someone mentioned that ALL Parkers, starting in 2000 has POS hardware; not so in my experience)...
Whoops, I exaggerated; I did replace a few screws that started showing a smidgen of rust... If you doubt me about the no-rust issue, scrutinize the 200+ videos I have posted on Youtube of our Parker....
As we've heard here, some of the newer Parkers are having hardware/rust issues; I'm not doubting that, as are most of the other boat manufactures; they are having a hard time getting quality parts. There's no need to bash all Parkers; hopefully the 'new Parker ownership' monitors ClassicParker and will solve the issues.

(Someone mentioned that ALL Parkers, starting in 2000 has POS hardware; not so in my experience)...

I had to laugh at this when I read it when the author posted... I thought maybe he replied to the wrong thread and meant to post in his 2003 for sale ad...full disclosure and all...

Anyways, I have a 2018. I have zero issues and love the boat and would buy again in a second.

OP from your pictures it looks like the cap never bonded to the live well as can be seen by the bead of 5200 that isn't bonded to the cap. A bead of 5200 should take care of the gap.

The hardware on my 2019 (delivered 10/2018) has no rust. The only rust I have had is the screws that mount the transom to the rear deck. A little FSR takes care of it.

(Someone mentioned that ALL Parkers, starting in 2000 has POS hardware; not so in my experience)...

I had to laugh at this when I read it when the author posted... I thought maybe he replied to the wrong thread and meant to post in his 2003 for sale ad...full disclosure and all..
Anyways, I have a 2018. I have zero issues and love the boat and would buy again in a second.

I had to laugh at this when I read it when the author posted... I thought maybe he replied to the wrong thread and meant

The info about resins and SS hardware comes from discussions with Parker engineers over the years. Despite of my attempts to keep cabin of my 2007 2120 ventilated I had to replace all the screws inside of the boat to 316 grade. My first 1990 1800 had nothing close despite of being work boat for most of its life in salt water.

I have to add my disappointment regarding the rust on my 2018 1801. One of the many reasons I bought the boat was for its low maintenance - or so I thought….

I keep mine on a saltwater mooring in a busy harbor from May through October. While it may be the way of the world today, the rust stains on my hull from the bow eye, stern eyes, ladder platform, and bimini hardware can’t be good advertising for the Parker brand name. (Not to mention the rust from hinges and screws that can’t be seen by passersby.).

Growing up, Parker’s were always a top tier boat in my eyes, maybe not the fanciest or most accessorized but In terms of build quality. Unfortunately, now Parker is more aligned with Robalo, seaswirl, hydrasport etc etc.

Hopefully the factory will issue new hardware, and try to make it right, but I’m afraid the manufacturing issues run a lot deeper than the selection of steel.

This is the response Parker sent me via email:

with them with their eyes on the boat to understand what material will be used.

Unfortunately what caused issue was that the live well was not properly seated against the surface of the console as we saw in the pictures of the bead not being flat but still round as it was when applied. To ease your mind with regards to the adhesive we use this to adhere fiberglass stringers to hulls, nothing else. This same product was used to adhere the heat shield tiles to the Space Shuttles and is actually 10 times stronger than fiberglass.

The adhesive itself is not an issue it was the human factor that caused this and we apologize for that.

——- ok so if the product is 10x stronger than fiberglass why did it break?

———-At this point I’m ready to get this repaired, sell and buy an 08-14 year and slap afresh 140 Zuki on the transom.

Unfortunately what caused issue was that the live well was not properly seated against the surface of the console as we saw in the pictures of the bead not being flat but still round as it was when applied.
The adhesive itself is not an issue it was the human factor that caused this and we apologize for that.

——- ok so if the product is 10x stronger than fiberglass why did it break?
It appears that it didnt come apart/seperated but in fact it was never mated while the adheasive cured.
This seems to be your answer in bold. It wasnt assembled properly, the 2 surfaces never mated together.
Are they picking up the tab for repair? Sounds like an admission of fault from them.

Yes Parker is covering the repair.
It appears that it didnt come apart/seperated but in fact it was never mated while the adheasive cured.
This seems to be your answer in bold. It wasnt assembled properly, the 2 surfaces never mated together.
Are they picking up the tab for repair? Sounds like an admission of fault from them.
Yes Parker is covering the repair. It’s on them. At least they are taking responsibility.

Growing up, Parker’s were always a top tier boat in my eyes, maybe not the fanciest or most accessorized but In terms of build quality. Unfortunately, now Parker is more aligned with Robalo, seaswirl, hydrasport etc etc.

Hopefully the factory will issue new hardware, and try to make it right, but I’m afraid the manufacturing issues run a lot deeper than the selection of steel.

I'm not aware of the manufacturing issues.. can you please share what the issues are?

Back